The Bite Is On

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jun 2, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Started catching them yesterday about one every 15 minutes . Average about 4 pounds . They was hitting like freight trains . Kept 4 of them and threw the other 11 back . Time to break out the lanterns and hit it all night after this rain stops .

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville

3. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh

+1

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
  5. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    im betting washington county lake, best lake i know for eaters 5# and under is all i will keep. and i love the channels to eat. sonnys stink bait works well there, i use the blood formula

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Yep Washington County Lake . We was bank fishing at the South end on the west side of the dam . Down there where that picinic table is on the curve. We was using cut shad and genos stinkbait . They was hitting both baits like crazy . I going to try getting out there Thursday if I finish putting the motor in my boys mustang before then . If not I will hit it all weekend starting Friday . I will get some pictures .

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    It seems to me about any lake right now , the bite is on. If there is any rip rap they will be tite on it spawning. Mud leeches seem to work really good here.

8. FishinGirl

FishinGirl New Member

State:
    S.IL
    Thanks for posting this! Honey and I are heading out this weekend for some fishing somewhere and you may have nailed down our spot. How is the bank fishing or is this lake better done by boat?

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    The bank fishing is great at the south end of the lake . Everything is better on a boat lol . If you bring a boat head to the north end stay to right when it splits and go to the end great channels and a few flats up in there .

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gena.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I was at a few lakes over the weekend that you couldnt buy a bite . I think those few hot days helped us out here in Nashville . Its raining today or I would head out right now . All my chores are done and it rains ...

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gena Welcome to the BOC/SOC. :0a18::0a25::0a25:

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC

14. FishinGirl

FishinGirl New Member

State:
    S.IL
    Thanks for the welcome! We'll have to hit the south end to bank fish then. We are working on a boat, but it is on hold while we try to tap into the cheap real estate market right now. If anyone is out there and see's me in my goofy floppy camo fishin' hat, stop by.

15. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Welcome to the BOC Gena. What part of S. IL. you from? Try to make the gathering at Rend Lake Sat. the 13th.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like i need to be hitting lakes more than the river. If it works on one side of the big water it should work over here also.

Welcome to the BOC/SOC Gena.Great place to get spoiled.

17. FishinGirl

FishinGirl New Member

State:
    S.IL
    Don...we are near Salem. I don't know that we'll make it down to Rend on that weekend. We've fished there a few times recently and had nothing but bad luck LOL! We aren't too familiar with it and tend to get lost a lot too.