The bite is off for me

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by kickin_wing, Jul 27, 2006.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It has been hard to catch flatheads lately, ive tried and tried for the past couple weeks and cant seem to get any. Im going to the same spots that i caught flatheads earier in the summer, what seems to be the problem?

2. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    i havent caught any recently either ive been using good sized goldfish also which i heard was good, ive only gotten a 8 lb blue so far....anbody know how to help us out lol?

3. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Wish i could help you guys but im having the same problem. I havent even caught any decent channel the last couple of times out, GOOD LUCK FELLAS!

4. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Some fish could be spawning still...maybe. Also productive baits change with different times of the year. The times of the day you're fishing could have some effect too. I don't know what the problem is...it wouldn't stop me from persevering.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sorry about your fishing troubles? are you using the same bait? sometimes it helps to change up bait.

6. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah im thinkin it might be the heat also, its been prety darn hot and maybe thats making the fish less active.:tire::sweat:

7. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    up at the lake i fish alot, the channels wanted live bait until the last two trips and they wanted old/fresh livers and old cut bait. seemed the worst it smelled the faster the hit. slow this year for the flatheads/blues for me also. i'am going tonight and taking some nasty bait, hope to hook some cats.

good luck, scott.

8. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Get back with us if you have any luck with nasty bait, i might have to give it a try.

9. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    buddy and i went up in my boat, 223smitty followed us up with his boat. i caught 3, buddy 1, and smitty 3. all channels, all on dead shad and shad guts. still no big cats, i cant wait until this fall when it starts cooling off.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i myself havent caught any flatties this yr.. just about an 8 pound blue and some really decent channels.... Actually caught a 14 pound channel out of Lake Monroe. thats the biggest channel i have ever caught... But im strickly for the Flatheads and Blues. But some buddies i went fishing with about a month or so ago caught some decent Flatties. 32lbs, 24lbs, ( 2 )16lbs and an 8lb. all one one trip.. all i git was a gar and one little channel... i know they are out there. but i would have to agree the heat has caused a big decrease the way they have been hitting.. my guess is that it should pick back up in a few weeks.....