The biggest flathead catfish I caught

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by lfeduccia, Jul 28, 2008.

1. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    Check it out I caught a 15lb Flatty last night in the middle of the river. It is the biggest flat I ever caught. Been trying for two years to catch something over 8lbs. It was about 1:30am and something started running on my pole with 20lb line I quickly snatched it and pulled back setting the hock when low and behold it done a major jerk on my pole doubling it over and snapping my line. I had about a 6in shad on it. So I grab one of my larger lined pools about 30lb test. I put another 6in shad on it and threw it in the exact same spot ( I bet I can not do that agian ) about ten minuites later it was gone running down the river. I turned off the bait runner and yanked back hard making sure to get A good hook set. and it was on. I could feel the line dragging across the rocks so I knew he ran into a deep hole after about a miniute or two I was able to get it over the rocks and out of the hole. Lucky not to break my line this time. after talkin it into getting off the bottom and next to the boat we found out my net was not big enough to snatch it out of the water. My brother had to reach in and grab him. If you look at my avatar we got him in and wieghed. The rest of the night was a bunch of ruuners but no hook sets. That 15lber made it worth the trip. Thanks to my brother Jerry helping me get it in the boat.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    WTG on the catch.

3. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good going on the 15lber.

4. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks it was fun

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great fish, congrats on the catch and good luck in the future

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats on the PB flatty.

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice job!

8. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    !congrats! its a really good day when you got a flattie in the end of your line!:smile2:

9. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I would've been thrilled. Good job!

10. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    You're hooked now!!!!!:smile2:

Congrats on the flattie!

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the catch.... may they only get bigger from here on out

12. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hooked? Hooked? You have no idea how hooked I have become. I go fishing about every other night when work premits. I some times think why in the world my wife stays so loyal to me. Then that thought leaves and fishin is back in mind but I am lucky she is always there.

Thanks everybody for making me feel at home here.

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    At least you didn't give up! I've heard of people who broke a 25lb test & went to 20lb instead of using 30lb test.

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It's alright bro, I spent the night before my wedding on the river- fished on the honey moon, and fished every night after work... she'll have a cracking point... I've got the coolest wife in the world, but when when I tried that stuff after the 1st baby... she cracked, lol! now I usually only get to fish 1 to 3 times a week.... we're just men... we can't help it:confused2:

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats, thanks for sharing

16. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congratulations on your new Personal Best Flathead. I know the feeling. May they only get bigger for you now!!!!!:big_smile:

17. lfeduccia

lfeduccia New Member

State:
    indiana
    I been married for over 12 years and got three kids. So I know what you mean after my kids were born all she wanted was me to stay around but trust me she well slack back off and fishing well be good agian.......