The "BIG ONE" at 'Dega

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, we know it's coming...what lap? and who will be involved?

i say about 3/4ths of the way thru, and i seel montoya being in it:big_smile:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well we know that Waltrip will probably be the start of it:smile2: and I think that it will take out all of the Top ten save one maybe 2 of them. Ill say lap 30ish when the tires are getting a little worn

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    waltrip, montoya, hamlin, robby gordon......they all have so much agressive potential for it:big_smile:

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I volunteer everybody in the top 12 in points, "except Gordon and Martin". Jimmie Johnson can be the Hendick's sacrificial lamb. :wink: :smile2:

5. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    DamnedifIknow........but I'm sure gonna enjoy watchin it. :eek:oooh:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heckle Heckle!!!! YALL, Might be right about Mikey starting it, BUT FOR ONE LAST TIME THIS SEASON!!!!!!!! and possibly career:smile2: WALTER, sign me up with the 55!!!!!!!!!:wink: rollo

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    hey Jason! did you see mikey last night on "are you smarter than a 5th grader"?

and he admitted he wasn't too....gotta admit, the boy has a sense of humor:big_smile:

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    didnt they have a green flag race at daga one year?
    smokey

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Green means go, right? I think they HAVE had a few of those at Dega. :wink:

10. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    lap 42 and waltrip will cause it by going too high and cliping a bumper.....

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, I believe it was last year or year before, when they went caution free the entire race.

I will say with Jr's luck, he will be involved. Also I believe that Logano, Hornish Jr, Allmendinger and Ragan will be in it. Im guessing about 2/3rds way in.

12. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Just about half way 48 crew has a slow stop and puts him back to 12th for the restart. First four cars didn't stop for track position and one just doesn't have the power to lead and the pusher gets him sideways and in the insuing event the 48's day is done. Martin and Gordon fight for the win but Jr finds himself in victory lane.

As a Martin fan this is all I can hope for - a second or third place finish. Jr needs the end of the bad luck. Johnson has to be out with a finish of 35 or worse for there to be any hope for two or three other drivers to have a chance for a championship.

If Mark ran like this any othe chase he would have won the championship. OR if Nascar hadn't screwed him D. E. Sr. would have had 6 and Mark would already have had 1.

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Last Year?
    Try 1997. It set a track speed record. Mark Martin dominated that race.

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ok Ok, so I was just a few years off. lmao. Guess I was thinking that there wasnt a big wreck in one of the restrictor plate races last year.:smile2:

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I aint much on trivia but that is one race I'll never forget.
    I hated that race. Dega without a caution? Dega without some torn up race cars?
    Best thing about it was I was sitting at home and didn't waste my money on a ticket and motel room for that one!

16. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know boys! Still gotta qualify tomorrow, but some of you might wanna jump on board! Mikey's car looked pretty damn good in practice today!:big_smile: rollo

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Blaney will be the first one to hit the wall

19. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Well when you are good and LUCKY you win championships = 48!

I guess you can't wreck when you run at the tail end all day and far enough back to just stay in the draft. Then when you go you can't make headway and it look like you goofed. But NOT! Luck is on your side and your great crewcheif pits you right away and with that great pit stall you pick up 20 spots. Just enough to stay ahead of the last wreck and get a top 10 ahead of all the other chasers. I guess when you have that lead in points going in you can run a conservitive race from here on out. The 11 beter find themselves a witch doctor.

The trick was on the eleven the treat was on the 48. Congrats JJ on your fourth and record setting championship. Mark will be the brides maid again.
    Gordon will never see another championship unless Ray gets board and comes back.

By the way, I wish they would have stayed single file all day untill 15 to go. Then the fans would make Nascar rethink what needs to be done about this track. Great fun, great camping, great entertainment but the race sucked. I don't think there is anything they can do? Now, wait! A trioval twordes the infield on the back streach. It would slow them down and and not be a road course. Just dreaming!!! LOL

20. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i just got back from dega and u talkin about a blast lol this 1 was better than the last 4 i went 2 and marti flipped in front of us.and we seen things on the campground like u wouldnt believe.