The big muddy - Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Oct 19, 2006.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Looking on any imfo. on the the missouri river from waverly to boonville,the up coming year i am planning to fish that strech of river hard ,needing to know the best spots for big fish, i have always heard that glasgow was a good area ,what makes it that good?,How is the ramp there?Also is there a new ramp at waverly?Looking for any help you can give.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went to glascow earlier this summer. They have a brand new ramp, so it's in tip top shape. The camp ground is also new. It's called stump island if you wanna look it up on the computer. We had fair luck when we were there on trotlines off the end of the wing dikes. Didn't catch much on rod and reel. I plan to be there sunday morning, so I hope the bite is good. The only other part of the river that I've fished from a boat was Brunswick. Caught a few fish there too, but I like Glascow better because it seems to have a deeper channel, and better cover. Posts from the old dikes are all over, and it just looks more "fishy". There are alot of big fish caught there from time to time. If I have any luck, I will post it for sure. Also, I went to school briefly at CMSU back in '91. Had a good time. I like that town.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    thanks good imfo

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    The boat ramp @ Brunswick is normally in good shape. It is about a mile and a half from the boat ramp down the Grand to the Missouri river. That is normally where I get my silver carp for bait. The Grand is about 7' to 10' deep if you stay in the channel from the boat ramp to the Missouri. If you wana wet a line some time, give me a holler.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Fished with Primitivefrn yesterday at the Lamine ramp. Concrete at the bottom of the ramp was a few inches out of the water. We pitched in rocks off the banks to back in the tandem boat trailer to launch. Fished till 3pm or so (drounded by the rain at that point by the way with a 15 mile+ ride back).
    By that time the ramp was a 1/2 of a foot out of water. Creeped the trailer out but wouldn't want it to get any lower than that. Ramp may need a load of gravel dumped if it does or chunk in some more rocks ....