The big Delaware River - catfishing talk

Discussion in 'NEW JERSEY RIVERS TALK' started by delawareriver, Jan 21, 2007.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    please tell me some of you guys took advantage of the mild winter! i got out one day at the monocacy creek and was rewarded with two trout, a sucker, and a bunch of creek chubs, not to bad for a jan day. really wanted to get out on the big D but during wrestling season between practice, losing weight, school and work i dont have enought time as it is. has any one been out recently?

2. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    ahh you guys are dead!

sunday i saw an excellent edition of the new jersey angler on tv, they were fishing the delaware for hering then the stripers. they really had a great day with 4 or 5 stripers in the 20-30# class and they showed one real nice cat. they fished right under the turnpike bridge about 7 miles south of trenton i believe they said. any one else see this show?

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Made the mistake of coverin and winterizein the boat at the end of November. Lots of wasted time in a way. Down here the river iced up real heavy. Its still full of ice flows now. Should be gone hopefully in a couple more weeks. I know I'll be ready. LOL! I always target the middle of march for gettin back out there on a regular basis. I pass over the river several times a day with my job and its still loaded with a ton of ice. Kinda rough on the boat. LOL!

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yea dont blame you with the normal winters, the river can ice up from dec on. hopefully with some warmer weather the river will open up real soon, shouldnt be 2 long for you guys down south but ill have to wait till about may before some good shad and smallmouth action.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Here is a pic from the Delaware bay at Cape May taken a couple weeks ago, Ice as far as the eye can see.

Attached Files:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well that sucks LOL

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

the susquehanna river aint any better!:sad_2a:

8. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I'm starting to get some nice walleyes and smallies on the delaware.(long eddy)

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Oh my God someone posted in the NJ section:eek:oooh: Good to hear from someone up there. And Im gald to hear that someone is catching fish cause i cant catch crap right now of any species and I have been trying like hell too these fish are just plain not biting here in North Georgia. Please post as many reports as needed

10. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    anything at all to report Terry ?

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Um not really caught a few fishing rods the other day other than that Im just drowning bait :smile2: Im a river fisherman stuck in the land of big lakes and few fish :confused2: