The BIG can

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by stinkbaitman, Oct 9, 2007.

1. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    Has anyone used the big can for deer hunting? my brother gave me one and im gonna use it in the shelterbelt that im huntin in. is it better than the original can? anyway, i hope it works.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I havent used it before. From my understanding its for longer distance calling or for those windy days where noise doesnt carry as far.

3. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    My father as well as may I hunt with use and promote the can.The big one is the same just bigger and louder.I have a knight&hale translator with slide adjustment and just haven't ever bought a can.

4. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    yeah i have a big can i use it on days it raining or really windy but you gotta love thoses cans bucks cant resist them

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use the small one. It works pretty good but only for a short time before the rut.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep I use the great big can. So far it has worked all times of the year for me.

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I own one and use it during the rut and post rut...it's definitly louder than the small can. I like it, I usually don't allow it to do the full estrus bleat though, it'd be a solid 3-4 seconds long. I tilt it long enough to get about a 2 second bleat then turn it back. About 4-5 does it. Blaah Blaah Blaah pause Blah Blaah

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I tried my can yesterday. I was at the edge of an overgrown power line where deer bed up. I used the can a few times along with a fawn bleat. I'd call about 4-5 times per hour, then wait. NOTHING! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.