The Biff on his way to a threepeat!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by petersoutcats, Sep 22, 2008.

1. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I can't believe nobody picked the #16 to win at Dover
    Well I will go out on a limb a pick Biff to win at Kansas:wink:
    I also predict him to win the Chase:smile2:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    My question is where did he come from?Havent really heard anything out of him all year and all the sudden BAM! here iam.Might want to keep an eye on that fella,but i dont look for him to do as well at talladega.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC scott. The Biff sure looked like a winner Sunday,and he is.He has been driving that ford like he stole it.I wish him luck this weekend at Kan.thankx
    smokey

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He's got the momentum going when it counts that's for sure...

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    gotta beat out carl first. this is why i dont like the chase format. a guy that had 0 chance of winning is tied for second while kyles 8 wins are now almost pi$$ in the wind.

hes won like 19 times in the 3 series and most likely will win not one championship. sure hes a lil ding dong but he lost all his chances of a truck or N/W championship to focus on cup. and with a broken part and a foul motor hes last in the chase. old points. he would still be in the top 3-4.

and jr with one lucky caution win has a better chance to win the cup.:roll_eyes: what a joke. and someone like biff is on track to beat a guy with 8 wins and a guy with 6. i can only hope the chase goes away. but untill then i got to deal with it.

i like the racing but hate the chase. they should have done that in N/W not the primier series.

but that last 47 lap run at the monster mile is why i love it. that battle between greg, matt, and carl was awesome and old mark was right on the bumpers too.

6. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Past Nascar Truck Champ
    Past Nascar Bush Champ
    Came close placed 2nd to Jimmy J for the Chase
    Soon to be NASCAR SPRINT CUP CHAMP!
    Then he will have all three trophies

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    tied with carl but had more wins.:smile2: and that was 05? tony won the cup that year.
    ------------------------------behind----starts-------poles------wins-------top 5-------top 10-------------earnings
    1 -- Tony Stewart 6533 Leader ===========36 ----------3 --------5 ----------17 ----------25 ------------6,987,530
    2 +2 Greg Biffle ---6498 =========-35 -----36 -----------0 --------6 ----------15 ----------21 ------------5,729,930
    3 -- Carl Edwards -6498 =========-35 ----36 -----------2-------- 4---------- 13---------- 18------------- 4,889,990
    4 +1 Mark Martin --6428 =========-105 ---36 -----------0 --------1 ----------12 ----------19 -------------5,994,350
    5 -3 Jimmie Johnson 6406 =========-127 -36 ----------1 --------4---------- 13 ----------22------------- 6,796,660

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    tied with carl but had more wins. and that was 05? tony won the cup that year. oops. lets see if i can line these up better. ran out of edit time lol.
    -----------------------------------------behind---starts-------poles------wins-------top 5-------top 10-------earnings
    1 -- Tony Stewart 6533 Leader =========36 ----------3 --------5 ----------17 ----------25 ------------6,987,530
    2 +2 Greg Biffle ---6498 ========-35 ------36 -----------0 --------6 ----------15 ----------21 ------------5,729,930
    3 -- Carl Edwards -6498 ========-35 -----36 -----------2-------- 4---------- 13---------- 18------------- 4,889,990
    4 +1 Mark Martin --6428 =======-105 -----36 -----------0 --------1 ----------12 ----------19 -------------5,994,350
    5 -3 Jimmie Johnson 6406 ======-127 -----36 ----------1 --------4---------- 13 ----------22------------- 6,796,660

and that was only carls second year in cup. let the bragging begin lol. gregs on a roll.

9. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your right Jeremy, sorry my mistake it was Smoke who won it that year. Smoke's been hitting on my Daughter lately, might have a new Son in law that knows how to drive.:smile2:
    I forgot to mention that Biff broke Darlington's track record (fastest man ever at Darlington)

Where did he come from this year? It started with the Daytona 500, and had been pretty consistent since.

Went to see Michael Waltrip's new garage the other day. Here is some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    cool pics man. wish i could see that stuff.

been to 5 races and to the museum at dega. and nascar cafe in nasville. reps for the pics.

wasnt #44 david reuit the one held a lap for pitting out of box? he had a good run and so did mikey.

11. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yea the #44 was running pretty good Sunday, and ran into a little trouble in the pits to send him backwards. Seems like he has been up close to the front of the pack lately also. I'm starting to watch and like for this guy more and more. Also he is a 2nd generation stock car driver of the family. I think he's the real deal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jeremy you need to go to Charlotte thats a great race and you can pretty much see the whole track from every seat.

peterscouts did they have a separate garage for Mikey's burned out hulks of cars:smile2:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Charlotte??? Go to Bristol! Charlotte is a boring race since they repaved the track. Last couple times I went there I was bored. Whoever got the lead stayed there and hardly any passing. You're right, you can see good there but IMO thats about it. I reckon I'll go back if its free again...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'll be at Kansas this weekend. You all are welcome. LOL

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    bristol. been there done that. spring day race of 99. my second race.

seen jarrett win at dega on my first race. won no bull million in 98

bristol 99. wallace won. awesome. take ear pulgs. no joke. mine rand for hours. racing in a football stadium.

2000 back to dega and seen dale sr's last win.

2001 seen harvick get his second win at the inagural chicago speedway. those tickets were free from a friend that got the from work. promo thing. chicago is a great fan track. nothing out of site. all banked and raised.

2002. michigan. very nice track. seen all but a lil bit of backstrech. jarrett spun in the opening laps and fell to dead last. past 43 cars and won. he haaaa.

for the new guys. i was a diehard jarrett fan till the toyota switch and retirement before i went to carl.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Bristol, Charlotte, Talladega, they are all good venues to attend and each has its own piece of racing history. If anyone is at the Charlotte race the 11th of October be sure to send me a PM; I will be there covering the race.

As for the chase, it is the way it is for TV ratings.

In the old days Kyle would have it wrapped up and no one would care about any of the final races, except maybe Talladega. There they would only be looking for someone to get killed. Now, the chase almost always comes down to the last 1-2 races.

17. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That is cool ya get to go JC. I hope you have a great time, and wish I was there with Ya.:wink:

I thought I herd an interesting statistic wile watching the races last week. I think the announcers said that over 50 some % of the Nascar fans hunt, and that 40 sometihing % fish. Wow I was surprised it was that high. Did anyone else hear that, or know of these Stats?