The best/safest place to land a boat on lake hartwell is?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flathead22, Mar 14, 2006.

1. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    where on hartwell would you feel comfty leaving your truck and trailer parked overnight?

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Twin Lakes......Clemson...........Portman Shoals...........are the ones I use.The first two are the ones I use all the time. Never had any problems.Just had a little gas taken back when everyone thought there wasn't going to be any the next morning

3. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina

do they still charge eight bucks to trailer at portman? last time i was there it was that and there was a guard on duty. is there a guard on duty at night? do they lock the gates at night? at twin lakes, do they charge to trailer?

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Clemson scares me sometimes, but i figure it's surrounded by nice neighborhoods so that's a plus. Lawrence bridge is pretty sketchy too. A guy in the tourney I fished had his trailor stolen last year at martin creek ramp, so watch out there.

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    portman marina has a guard 24-7 and it is still 8 bucks if i am fishing around that area that is where i put in. twin lakes is also pretty good you just pay a launch fee there.

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    What about Holder's Landing if you just stay in the river?

7. Duck65

Duck65 New Member

State:
    Piedmont,SC
    I use the Asbury ramp and Hurricane creek ramp mostly and take my old vehicle and nothing stolen yet. I did see a trailer get hooked by somebody else in the Hurricane creek lot though. Plenty of room in the parking area at Asbury ramp.