THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Aug 27, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Seems to me like we,re finally getting into the time of plenty.I don,t even have to go through my logs,September is always my best month.Curious about when others found the bite shutting down last year?I was getting good steady flat action until the water dropped down to around 63 degrees.I was still doing good on the channels and carp until it dropped to 51.Seems like the big fall feed,s starting early this year.If it aint,then it,s gonna be a really good fall!:wink:

2. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    NO DOUBT hope it helps me with the catfish tournament on the 18th of september

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i hope you right Pat, im ready for a new pb.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Please don't say that awful word September, it only means going back to work and not being able to stay out late night except for weekends.:cool2:

But September is a good bite!:big_smile:

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    your right, the bite is pretty steady, i think my last flathead caught was nov. 2nd or 3rd whenever we turned the clocks back last year, i think the water was 51 degs. the channel bite was still good but the flatty's had lockjaw:confused2:

6. I can't believe the river temps held in the 70's this August!:eek:oooh:

And that the trees are all ready starting to show color this week.:confused2:

This year has been really cool. Next weeks forecast is beautiful, but cool. Days in the 70's, nights in the 50's.:confused2:

A good rain forecast tomorrow will bring the river up a little too.:roll_eyes:

I think the bite is really going to turn on hard soon!!:big_smile:

Good luck and happy fishing for the fall bite is upon us my friends!:tounge_out:

Get ready to go gettum'!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    September is always a good month for me! My problem will be getting out there. Work is still crazy doing 60-80 hours per week! :eek:oooh:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

They don't get lockjaw, Lenny! They just aren't there! By that I mean they follow their seasonal migration patterns by moving down stream to find deeper water suitable for a wintering hole.

Plenty of deep water in the 20 to 35 ft range here in the city. In 2007, Romo and I caught them on cutbait way into late November just a few days before Thanksgiving.

9. So is Thanksgiving the deadline for the Flatties Tan/guys?

How late can I fish for Channels?

All deep water in the wintertime? Or don't waste my time?

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I try and figure out where the flatties are heading to in the late fall.I fish near the deeper holes they head to,but even in the holes themselves,I haven,t been able to get them to bite below the mid 60,s,and that,s an iffy deal.I do good on the channels until close to 50,usually 3rd or 4th week of november.When I get down to less than a fish per outing,I consider the season over.:sad2:

11. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    ya i was woundering the same thing john about where and when to fish when the water gets cold. don't think it's going to be anytime soon the water at ems dam is 78 and up at lock 3 on the allegheny it's 74. but at what temp do they start gorging them self's, or rather what temp start them to? and do you guys switch bait's or use what you do in the summer? also cut or live or both? what has worked for you in the fall?..tight lines ..justin:cool2:

12. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I usually use 1 live bait one cut and see which they are hittin on then switch up to that bait I caught a few decent fish including a 25# on a head and was with Lenny when I got my PB on live and he caught a 20 and a 17 on heads sometimes we have to change up our baits.