The best fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by wishiwasfishin, Mar 7, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok i'm in search like most folks on the best fishing line.no memory,fast sinking and low stretch.i do alot of float fishing and floting line really gets me and good lord i hate that line curl...man that makes me mad.

2. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    As a good all around line I have always liked Berkley Big Game. Hmmm The perfect fishing line . . . Maybe they don't make that yet. I'll stay with big game until I'm convinced there is something better for my money.

:0a22:

3. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It sound like the fishing line for you might be a super line(braided).

They are super strong, no stretch, tuffer than mono, and you can get 20lb line about the diameter of 4lb mono line. Ofcourse this stuff sets you back alot!!!

My favorite mono lines are suffix and berkley big game

4. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well i have never had a braided line that would sink they always seem to float and they have tore up a few of my rod tips.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Never used braided, but for what it counts, here is my opinion on mono:

CAJUN RED!

That stuff is tough as nails, and I love it. Love the red color too. Easy as pie to see above water too, especially during the daytime. And good luck getting off of a snag without a truck and a winch.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I agree with this post, to me you just cant get any better then the cajun red line.I have it on all my reels but one,this stuff is the real deal so cajun red line gets my vote.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i like berkley big game . i have cajun red on my channle cat rods right now . it does cast well and i haven't broke a fish off but you cant see the line very well at night by flash light or lantern light. just got the spool of sufix promix 17# i won on this site im going to spool it up on aabu 6000 c and fish with it this saturday . report to follow.

8. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I prefer berkley big game myself, have tried many lines but it is very strong and very reasonably priced. You can get a 1lb spool for $23, thats almost 2400yds of 25# test. I personally use 30 and 40lb and its very hard to break off in a snag.

9. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    That may be so. Im not sure if its any better with a blacklight or not, but I (personally) dont care too much where the line is at night. Lightning is a little stiffer than the cast, but it doesnt stretch as much, and it is really abrasion resistant.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i think the line wishin described is flourcarbon. the sink rate is faster than mono or co polomyer. it doesent stretch as much and a lot of manufacturers are claiming good abrasion resistance.

11. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    there ya go i could not think of what it's called.

12. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well i have used big game and i don't guess i can say anything bad about it.maybe i should just stick with it.cajun line i have seen in magazines before but i don't know anyone that uses it.ya know come to think of it after all these years i may be getting a twist in my line when i spool up...silly me:eek: ......what about the p line brand?

13. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Berkley Big Game and thats my final answer...

14. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I bought a quarter pound spool of the CXX Xtra strong stuff this last winter, and I plan on spooling it up on one of my cat rods. Its fluorescent green (looks more chartreuse) and it looks great. I have heard good stuff about it, and it is supposed to have good abrasion resistance.

15. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    i have cajun red on all of my reels. i love the stuff! i caught a 55# flat head on 17# cajun red line and i was fishin by a concrete spillway dewy. that flathead ran my line all up and down that concrete dewy and when i finally got him in i ran my fingures down the line and could not find a frey anywhere. that sold me on it right there. it is also easier to cast and so far i havn't had any problem with memory.

16. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    well i spooled up with some bass pro extreme like 10 bucks for 900 yards.went fishing today and so far so good...I'm thinking i'm liking it but i have not hooked into a big one with it yet..........yet...did i already say yet:)

17. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I like power Pro, you get a good hook set...........

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    P-Line is one of the best low memory, low stretch flurocarbon lines out there. But Berkley big game is definately one of the stongest. I also like using Sufix.

19. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Berkley Big Game enough said.

20. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Big Cat hands down, IN the solar green.