THE BEST CATFISH BOOK IN THE WORLD !!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brian88b, Jan 13, 2010.

1. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Actually I just received a Catfish book I bought offline in the mail today and was reading. AWESOME book learned alot I didnt know. One section talks about this specifically, I was always under the impression cats eyesight wasnt the greatest hence the whiskers and smell senses were stronger. Well they actually have EXCELLENT eyesight and there is some set-ups mentioned in the "rigging" section that suggest the Beads. I also knew there whiskers "barbs" had taste buds on them but DIDN'T know that actually the ENTIRE catfishes body is covered with taste buds. Book is titled "Pro Tactics Catfish by Kieth Sutton" BEST CATFISHING BOOK I HAVE EVER SEEN. Lots of info from guys like Phil King, James Patterson, Denny Halgren, Joe Drose, and on and on. Copyright 2008 so it's fairly new info. I reccomend it to anybody "chasing" cats from beginner to Pro I bet you learn something. :good:

2. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Where did you order it from & how much did it cost ? I am interested in finding a copy, Perhaps I can find a deal on it at Amazon. Thanx again for the info.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Keith Sutton is a very good writer, Catter, and all around outdoorsman. I have met him several times at seminars and such down here around my area.

4. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Bought mine off e-bay for like $12 and $3 shipping I woulda paid $30 for this book though EASY if I knew it was this Good and couldnt find it cheaper.

5. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    thats alright. id like to have a copy of somethin like that myself

6. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Yeah it actually covers EVERY aspect from rigs, to bait, to boats and setups, to "where" to fish and "how" to locate where the "BIG BOYS" are. 163 pages doesnt miss a thing.

7. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    That sounds like a good one, thanks for the info

8. Cantrell2500HD

Cantrell2500HD New Member

State:
    Cedar Park, Tx
    I got the 'Fishing for Catfish' book that Keith Sutton put out back in 98'. It's one of those ones you can get at WalMart for like $20. Although I wouldn't mind having the updated one that just came out in 08' since it has 40 more pages than the one I have. It might be a little outdated but it still has some good info, like pretty much everything you mentioned above execpt the stuff from the other known names of the catfishing community.

[​IMG]

9. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    Thanks for sharing. Been looking for a good book ro read while its too cold to go fishing..Thanks!

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive got several books myself and have learned alot myself,i enjoy reading stuff like that.But i tell ya what nothing beats sitting down or fishing with an old timer whos been fishing for years and years and has it perfected ya know?or at least has the way they fish perfected and see and learn how its done.i enjoy that so much more.

11. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    sounds like a book i wouldn't mind reading...i have bought a couple of things like that but the thing i have noticed is a lot of the books and what not are geared more towards the boat fisherman and not the bank fisherman.....dont get me wrong lots of good info on the subject but find it hard to practice a lot of the methods they show you without a boat.

12. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the info Brian!!! I've heard someone else talking about that book one day. Now i'am gonna have to check it out,,