The best bait for shore fishing

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by TheCatfishingBoy, May 27, 2008.

1. TheCatfishingBoy

TheCatfishingBoy New Member

State:
    NC
    HEY GUYS,
    I WAS JUST WANDERING WAT IS THE BEST BAIT FOR CATFISH FROM THE SHORE!!!:smile2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No different then what ya would use from a boat. Only thing to consider is castin it. If its in the body of water ya are fishin and its legal to use as bait go for it. The fish don't know if ya are in a boat or not. LOL!

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Livers or Nightclawers.

4. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I have done some bank fishin in my time before i was able to buy a boat. I used the same thing from shore as I do in the boat. Makes no difference if you are in a boat or not. The fish don't know:eek:oooh:!!!! But the question to be answered is what are you fishing for? Channels, Blues and or Flatties? Good luck and keep us posted..

5. TheCatfishingBoy

TheCatfishingBoy New Member

State:
    NC
    Just mostly channels and blues it dont matter to me cause we hardly ever catch any flatties:smile2:

6. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    If you are fishin' for channels or blues use cut bait. Cut gills or shad. Chicken livers like the other post said will be great for channels, and or night crawlers. I use cut bait always and always catch about as many as i want to if you have the fish there! Hope this helps and keep us posted on your fishin'!!:big_smile:

7. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would say use what you have the most confidence in catching fish with.For me that would be live bluegills,others it would be livers.

8. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just about the same as you would in a boat shad interals of whol shad or cut shad.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i fish totally from shore, and i use cutbait and livebait only.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cut shad, cats love it and you can cast it a mile.