The Beacon

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Katfish Kern, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Has anyone ever been to The Beacon in Spartanburg, South Carolina? I'm going to my folks house tomorrow, and I cant wait to get chili cheese a plenty! Move along!

2. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    its not a plenty its a plentaaaaaaaaa long a.. lol i remember taking a date there one time and she ordered a bana split for deset.. and dang that was the biggest thing i ever saw...lol its great...

3. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I just cant believe this! I'm talking about the world famous Beacon,and only 1 person has been there!!! This is crazy. I can see right now that I am going to have to devote all of my free time to promoting more chili cheese a plentys. I was there last week. My wife and mama got the liver a plenty plates, and I of course got the chili cheese a plenty. We also got jalepeno hush puppies there.

4. shane12970

shane12970 New Member

State:
    , North Carolin
    i use to live on nc/sc boarder in rutherford. and its been years since ive been to beacon.. didnt they close for awhile? also ive always heard they had a billboard in california that said beacon 1000 miles east..dang i want a chili cheese a plenty...

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    I dont ever remeber them closing. And I have seen signs in Ca and Ga

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Several years back John B White sold the Beacon but everybody stay on. I go every few weeks and eat there. Also some Saturdays the guys at work pick up food from there. They have the best sweet tea around.