The Bay

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by elklover1964, Feb 10, 2008.

1. elklover1964

elklover1964 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't know if it was just me, but I fished the bay just north of Green Bay...caught a few nice cats...about 2-3 lbs each....Boy did thy taste muddy......

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Your the second person i have heard say that dont know myself.

3. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i've never tried anything out of green bay as far as cats go. did you do a good trim job on the meat to get all the yellow and brownish looking stuff off? maybe that'll help....or if you bleed them. i had a few big channels out of the fox around oshkosh and they tasted decent.....but then again they were in gumbo so who knows. next time i get a couple eaters i'll have to give it a shot. seeing all these guys catch flatheads in flowages and stuff, kinda makes me wonder if there would be any decent fish in 'bago or any of the other smaller ponds in this system. i know there are some really big fish in the rivers....by the way, what kind of catfish were they?

4. NightSlayer

NightSlayer New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I agree with ninrugger if you clean the mud vein good the fish should not taste like mud. I also would not eat any catfish over 18-20 inches either. As for the big lake bago' - I have not had good luck, but that does not mean their out there - Just one big lake and a lot of water to cover - I am starting to fish channels next weekend -