The Banjo Minnow

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Catatonic Chronic, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Catatonic Chronic

Catatonic Chronic New Member

State:
    Johnson City, New York
    I saw the infomercial for the Banjo Minnow fishing system. It's the one that's supposed to imitate wounded baitfish authentically. Has anyone here tried it, and if so, how is it? I am seriously thinking about purchasing it, and I wonder if there isn't a better way to get that kind of performance with existing softbaits. The videos look promising, but I know how they can rig these kinds of things. Love it, or hate it. You tell me if I'm wasting my time, and possibly money.

2. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I think the biggest fish that they catch are the ones that buy it!!!!!!!!
    I bought the hole kit from a yard sale a while back for a dollar or two and never cought much of anything on it. Check around at yard sales on flee markets and am sure you can find one much cheaper than for the big bucks that they want for it.

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    dude i got the same question

jeff

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    They should give a free instant fisherman with them. I haven't heard anyone that used them brag about them most are hidden some where.lol
    Does anyone remember the heliocopter lures of a few yeas ago? lmao

5. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Hehe a fishing buddy bought the helicopter lure and the banjo minnow when they first came out. Biggest thing caught was him. save your money.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I was getting ready to buy some tommorow to try for Bass in the pond beside my house, I don't think I will now.

7. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I seem to be in the minority here....but I bought the system...and love it.
    It works great for Bass, but, it seems, only for Bass. You have to read the instructions, watch the disc, and do exactly what they tell you to do and it works! When nothing else is working I can rest assured that the banjo will at least get me two or three Bass in an evening. It has not failed me yet. No, I don't work for them. I am the biggest cheapskate and skeptic in the world...and almost cried when I laid out 30 bucks for what I thought was a waste of money. But I've really had a lot of fun with it and don't regret buying it a bit.

8. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe

YEAH!! I remember that helicopter lure system, my brother bought it wanting to go fishing with me, I kinda felt bad for him..but told him itmight work..:roll_eyes:

9. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have never tried it but have a friend who has the kit. He caught the biggest crappie I have seen around here but I imagine it's like any other lure, you have to use it and it may not always catch fish. Think the price is overboard and wouldn't buy them myself. A paper sack with some Mann's Jelly Worms and a few hooks/bullet weights is my best kit, but to each his own. I tried some lures I've seen others slay bass with and never caught a thing. Back to the Jelly Worms.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My neighbor and I found a good deal on the full set on ebay and split the cost, might as well try them I guess. I will let you all know how they work.

11. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I think the kit is great. i've caught more bass off of the banjo than any other bait i own. I've caught a good bit of pike off of the to. but its just like any other kind of bait some days your slamming fish with them and other days its nothing.

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    hmmmm...suspicious. lol jk i haven't tried the banjo but i have heard some pretty decent reviews about it. For bass fishing I still beat friends with alternative methods! :wink:

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would try the "Kicktail" baits before the Banjo I have never tried either but the advertisment says it was "banned from tourney's" if you want to believe that.

14. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I got the set years ago and I hate it. the screw on bodies would come off when a fish hit them and im not sure I ever caught anything worth talking about think the only one that worked for me out of the kit was the frog. I can go buy any lure from wally world and the right place at the right time ill wear them out and would have one spent maybe a couple bucks at the most. I could also spend 30 bucks on the banjo minnow and slay them also. Dont waste your money theres nothing in that kit you cant buy off the shelf at a bait shop.

15. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.
    I'm sorry. lol. I'll try not to properly format my paragraphs. lol. And write in complete sentences. lol. So I don't sound so suspicious... next time. lol.
    Now....what to do with all the money I get from the sale of all those banjo minnows? lol. Now... for a couple of those snazzy emoticons to take the edge off. lol. ( so no one could possibly acuse me of anything without coming off like a prick):lol: :big_smile: :roll_eyes: :confused2: :angry: :eek:oooh: :sad2: lol

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I just got my Banjo Minnows and my neighbor and I did great with them in our pond today, they would not bite anything else and we slayed them on these Banjo Minnows, just got to do them just right like the directions.

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my son bought a set and we both tried them at same lakes and one color or size different alternating them and caught squat .
    i hope to try them again in a different lake under different circumstances

18. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tried them years ago and didnt catch squat.

19. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I got the new kit and didn't catch anything.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's strange, it really is the best thing I've used so far. I watched the video 3 times and read the instructions, you had to follow the instructions exactly to get strikes. I was using the 4inch white minnow with the dark sparkle on the top half of them.