The Bait Catfish Love

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Ace, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    This will be the best bait you have ever tried.It works well on trott lines too.
    Ferment 5 lbs of milo in a bucket cover with a lid keep the bucket out side the house.
    A double handful of cotton seed meal
    A big box of wheaties Breakfast of Champions 2 large eggs
    1 cup Karo syrup
    Use a large mason jar with lid extract the juce of the grain. Mix the other items together and make a ball. If it does not make a ball add a can of biscuits there was to much cotton seed meal. Then mash up the remaining grain to pulp which we will use for chum. Use treble hook to load your bait on and use a scoop to spread your chum. Make sure it's mashed well we don't want them full before they find our hook!

So once your hook is baited, dip that dude in the jar for a couple minutes. You may want a spoon to help push them fermented seeds in the dough bait. That also helps to not get the smell of your hands on the bait. Fish the flats for cats this bat will catch catfish.

:thumbsup:

:cat:

2. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How long will this keep? And can you make it in large amounts. Ill bet it would be hard to drift with. (ps) got a good report from santee today, 20 fish ,240 lbs total weight..................................................

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I will have to try this. I am experimenting too. What a great sport when you can make you own concoctions and see what happens.

4. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I don`t think this bait would work for drift fishing but it will last a long time if you can stand the smell.

Hope we can take a trip to Santee before long.I will up load some pics of the fish the guys at work have been catching. :thumbsup:

:cat:

Attached Files:

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i wish i didnt have to have ten post before being able to see the pics

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Tell Roxanne and Sammie its a shame them bad boys didn't go back in the water! Sorry I looked at them pics now!

7. R. D. Hilton

R. D. Hilton Active Member

State:
    tx
    Ace that sounds like a great bait. What size mason jar do you use? Thanks

8. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    thanks for the recipe, cant wait to use it tomorrow :smile2:

9. mississippi catfish

mississippi catfish New Member

State:
    louisiana, Missouri
    Thanks for the recipe . I will let you know how it works here where I live..:big_smile:

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I will give it a try

11. gillfish

gillfish New Member

State:
    California
    Hey Ace, how long do you let the milo ferment? Or will I be able to tell, by the smell? Thanks for the recipe, it brought back some treasured, but forgotten memories. Gillfish