The Arkansas River flow is dropping!!!!

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Smellycat, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Well, the flow is dropping pretty fast. Monday says 80, 000 At Dardanelle.
    Will be fishing in the next few days for sure. Just gotta get square at work and settle on a date.

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Great cant wait , im getting the shakes so bad to go fishing . tried last week and you could launch at the parking lot

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Dropping, but still high. My chart shows 95k today at Dardanelle; 105k here at Murray. I crossed over the river between 4:00 and 4:30 today, and not only were the dikes under water, but only the very tops of the trees on the dikes were above water. Small craft advisories are issued whenever the flow reaches 70k.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have always wanted to fish the ar river i might come down one day

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I got the itch late yesterday evening so I hit clear creek, but couldnt find any shad, Very unusual for this place. So I run on out to the river an she was runnin pretty good. I stayed off of it, settled at the mouth of clear creek and the river, had skipjack with me, caught one blue about 5 pounds. had a few good pull downs but didnt get to them in time. Even where I was at there was strong current and trash rollin down the river.

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Hopefully it gets on down there in the next two weeks! be nice if it does for tar camp gathering!

Everyone that plans on coming needs to get in their reservations!!!

7. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    As of 9/28, the river here at Pine Bluff is 74K. Said they will hold for awhile. Just have to wait and see on that

8. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I'm ready for it to stop cold. I do'nt think I've ever seen it so muddy
    at 13 It is blood red:confused2:

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    you boy's need to back-down on the "7" your staining the water:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out: believe me that stuff will produce stains:wink:

10. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    It looks like it will be a couple:sad2::sad2: of weeks before I can get out to Dardanelle.

11. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    As of 1am 3 October, Level @ Pine Bluff is 64K. 62K @ Lock 5 at Jefferson (right below Tar Camp) and dropping to 52K by Sunday. Good luck on the fishing up there.