The appeal of catfish talk

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jolie, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I just waltzed over to catfish talk to see what it was like. I started to read some of the comments...

Holy smoke!:0a5:!!!

We just got done talking about some guidelines of good debate... Catfish talk is violation of every rule. there is personal attacks, there is name calling, the conversation changes in midstream and someone is being flamed or flaming. for me, it was so painful to read, that half the time I didn't know what they were talking about. and when I did understand something, it seemed a little unorganized. to be fair the forum, kind of makes it hard to keep things strait- no quote button. no smilies (maybe don't don't smile over there:tounge_out:), no edit button.

I took the tact during the debate thread that big debates were unneccesary and unuseful. It was an idealistic, I know. Debating,arguing and bickering are simply part of this big BOC family we have.

Now my question is for those that joined or are thinking about joining catfish talk. Whats the appeal?

Catfish talk is billed as gritty, its definitely is that but how is it useful ? Was the given example an extreme moment on catfish talk? or did they accomplish something useful??

Some of the people contributing over there I have ALOT Of respect for.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Talk is a place where you can go and vent out your frustrations. It is a place where debates can turn to heated and flaming talk. It is a place where you dont have to watch your p's and q's. Just tell it like you see it and let the chips fall where they may. It is not for everyone. You dont have to worry about moderators kicking you off.............LOL:crazy:

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Jason CATFISHTALK isn`t for everyone , it gives you a chance to say what you mean without the sugar coating. Some topics brought up for discussion were GUNS, WHAT TYPE OF ROD AND REEL YOU USE, POLITICS, ETC. So to me catfishtalk is useful and serves it`s purpose. It`s a place to give your opinion without the restrictions. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Did you guys like when AJ came into the conversation? Is stuff like that part of the appeal of that site?

Did you guys feel like that brought anything useful to the conversation?

What can or do you want to say about AJ??

that what really seemed like painful reading to me. Should I register and contribute to that thread , if I am really curious about how anything AJ/youze guys relates to the topic....

Don't you dislikeke being flamed, swore at, and publically verbally assaulted?

There every sentence was a question. I'm trying not to just blab but listen and understand when things don't seem to make sense.

5. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    If you like to argue rather than discuss....if you like to cuss rather than pamper.....if you like to war rather than make peace..........if you like to contribute your voice without trying to accomplish absolutely anything at all then...you might just fit right in brother.

:big_smile: But like mentioned above...it ain't for everyone....to each his own:big_smile:

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's not for everyone but the shoe fits for some.
    Some topics just dont belong here and some topics get too heated for this forum. That forum is for those topics, discussions, and arguments.

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Like others have said, it isnt for everyone. It's not for me.
    Some things are best talked about in person. Around a campfire. IMO.

The whole internet thing gets old after a while.

Like the song says, Hotel Ca.
    You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave. :tounge_out:

For those who like it, enjoy

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not much of a fan, I will stick to this side of the house

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It allows me to disregard sentence structure. Thats why I like it. LOL!:wink:

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I cant even find the forum:confused2:?

11. john catfish young

State:
    Kentucky
    Its at the top of this page with the little yellow and red x going round in circles

12. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Top of lefthand corner of the page Above the "Catfish1.com" you will see a link 'CATFISH' TALK with a revolving X beside it..Double click it.

The Aug 13 entry is mild...

go the right hand side, find the recent comments section; select the "What [ticks] you off the most about fishing" a short article will appear on the right. Below it will be 303 comments. Tell me if your hair doesn't curl up a little when AJ and the others don't start to go at each other...

but...I don't think its for me. I will handle the kiddy pool side of Pauls vision.

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    jason, if that offends you, then it definately isnt for you!!!! it will get better(or worse in some opinions)on more subjects over there!!

14. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    no, no NOT offended..

but Shocked..that is what i mean by:0a5:

and it GETS EVEN ROUGHER than the exchange between AJ/ cats4uandme/ Paul/ whistler /ozzy/ subnetzero/ dreadnaught/, etc ???
    they didn't even stay on the topic....

WOW!

thats honestly the more intense collection of personal attacks I ever saw on the internet.

watching it is a little bit like watching WWF. you sit there thinking OH MY :0a5: THAT HAD TO HURT! and I silently wonder how much of it was real.

NO watching verbal wrestling doesn't make me feel offended...

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    CatfishTalk is not for the fain of heart, That Site was formed for members to blow off steam, If your feeling are easily hurt then do not start any bull over there.:wink:

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I’ve always been proud to refer friends, family, and coworkers to the catfish1.com site, and proud that my donations help support it. The same is just not true for catfish talk, yet by referring folks here I am also sending them there, which gives me pause.

A needed place to blow off steam? Nah, we are a fishing site, not a high school locker room.

17. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I'm with George!!

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Catfishtalk is only associated in one way with this forum( ok 2)the "owner" and a link at the top of the page, as said dont go there if its not for you, just read the "THE EVIL DISCLAIMER" and you will get the hint, if not read the comments and if it offends you in any way dont go back!!

19. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i will hang out with brother shane lol:cool2:

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i went there to look a while back, but saw nothing that lured me back. my opinion is that if you communicate best with 4 letter words, you should go back to grade school and learn more vocabulary.

i can insult anyone without cursing, and as much if not more than someone that uses that language. most of us have a slip from time to time, but to make it a habit says more about us than the person we are talking to.

just my opinion:big_smile: