Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

The Andy Griffith Show

3K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  Tym2Fish 
#1 ·
In memory of Don Knotts,co-starring in one of my favorite TV show's of all time,I just have to throw this question out to y'all:What was your favorite Andy Griffith episode(s)? Mine is a tie between the episode titled'Opie & the Spoiled kid' or any episode that featured 'The Darling's'

#3 ·
Don Knotts also stared in many movies, I enjoyed him in the movie Private Eyes. Here is a blast from the past Don Knotts played the nervous guy, man on the street on the weekly Steve Allen Show. I think he was a greatly underrated actor that more credit should of been given his due. Naturally he was the best deputy of them all in Mayberry.

#5 ·
Speaking of Andy Griffith, my name is William Andrew. I got the William from a grandfather and the Andy from my older sisters. They'd been watching the Andy Griffith show before the trip to the hospital to see their new baby brother. (1964) When asked for a name, there it was. So yes, I was named for the Sheriff. I guess it's better then "Opie".
Rat

#6 ·
I never linked the shows that had the Darlings in them. Floyd was my favorite character. I liked the one where the 3 escaped convict women had them in a cabin and after they had been rescued, Floyd came out complaining about the burgers burning on the stove and that he wasn't going to be responsible for it.

#7 ·
I love the Andy Griffith show, and watch it as much as I can. I don't know if I can name my all time favorite episode, but here are a few I love. When the out of town businessman gets stuck in town on a Sunday is very good, Barney teaches Opie about girls, and the Darling episodes, particularly, the one when Barney and Andy have to go up the Darling Cabin, "The boys are all keyed up this morning".

#8 ·
i like the ones where the party girls from mount pilot
they call barney bernie and the one has a gravel voice
and calls andy doll ......thats hilarious to me
also the escaped killer that vowed revenge on the two
that turned him was loose and headed to mayberry
barney went from acting tough to about wetting himself when he heard the news. that was a grat episode.
liike was said above, i cant think of a bad episode.
i loved them all.

#9 ·
Rat, at least Andy didn't have to deliver you, like he did the farmers son who was named after him, remember, the one Barny thought was planting marijuana at night! lol
The pickle episode is my favorite, then any show where Barny trains new deputies," theres just two kinds of lawmen, the quick and the dead ! " lol :blink: Then Otis gets hit with a tomato ! lol

ps Did you ever notice that Andy was the only one that smoked cigarettes. I think?

#10 ·
I have 3 favorites
1. is where Aunt B is making Pickles But Andy already had one , there in the Kitchen and Barny said Andy arnt you going to have one?
And Andy says , oh no them are Kerosine cucumbers!

2. the Barney poem ..there once was a deputey named fife who carried a gun and a knife, the gun was all dusty the knife all rusty cause he never caught a crook in his life

3. And then the Hillbilly came to town . (forget there names)
the youg pretty daughter get caught staring at Andy and her dad asks WHAT ARE YOU DOING?, and shes replys,,O pa I just wanna look at the pretty man!

#11 ·
the one with the girl that said pa i just wanna look at the pretty man is the darlings. thats the last name of them hillbillys. also too she was a singer in a band too. one of the episodes i really like was when andy and his g/f went to the lake to have a bit of time to themselves and barney and others kept bugging them. all thier episodeswere great.

#14 ·
I always like the one when the escaped conficts were in the county and the state police was trying to find them, telling Andy and the "hillbilly cops" to stay out of it. Then Andy uses good old common sence and finds the crooks making the big state boys feel stupid with all their technical gagits, when all it took was a bit of thinking.

#15 ·
I have several favorites...It's hard to beat the Kerosine Cucumbers or the one where barney dresses up like a woman to catch some illegal gamblers...but I think can narrow it down to two that I liked even more...

1. The exploding goat...When the goat supposedly eats some TNT from a shed in the alley behind the sheriffs office. Barney looking for the goat...sees it in the shed...and goes inside...but it's dark. So he lights a match...and sees the cases of dynamite. He starts shaking so badly that he drops the match! The goat is on the lam...they're gathered around in the sheriffs office...and hear a loud BOOM! They all put their hats over their hearts...and say "he was a good goat". Turns out it was a crew blasting...putting in the new highway...Lol.

2. The one where the counterfeiter comes into town...Barney goes undercover in civillian clothes...and is lounging around in the hotel lobby. He thinks he's all disguised...and incognito...hiding behind the newspaper with eye holes cut out in it. The hotel clerk says..."what are you doing dressed up like that Barney?"

There's probably several I'm not remembering...they're all so good. I remember watching the Andy griffith show on sunday evenings when I was growing up with my grandma and grandpa...it came on right before Marlin Perkins' Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom...which was followed by the Wonderful World of Disney. I always lived for Sunday nite tv...IF...I wasn't out hunting or fishing that is...Lol.

#18 ·
jeffjbeard said:
The cucumber one was a good one I also liked the one where Aunt Bee and the ladies where trying to save the farmers place. turned out he was runnin a whiskey still never saw a bunch of a ladies on so upset

That was definitly a good episode.That episode reminds me of the one where the two old ladies told Opie there still was a flower maker.

#21 ·
"....Dooley slippin' up the holler Dooley tryin' to make a dollar
Dooley give me a swallow and I'll pay you back some day......"

also any episode that had Floyd "trying" to make a point...

#22 ·
My favorite is the one where Barney gets the surplus motorcycle with the sidecar and Aunt Bea suggests they string piano wire up to stop him.

This past weekend I was in NC., spending some time with my wife. We went to the state park at Pilot Mountain (Mount Pilot) and then went to Mount Airy, Andy Griffith's home town and the inspiration behind "Mayberry".

The only thing we saw that even remotely came close to Mayberryish, was a guy driving an old Ford Galaxy 500, black and white, with a single red gumball on the roof and a whip antenna.

Mike

#25 ·
My favorite show was the one where Opie kills the bird with his slingshot and has to raise the baby birds, then has to release them when they grow up.
They sure don`t make shows with morals anymore.

#26 ·
One of my favorites is when Goober and Barney get into it and Goober goes yelling "Citizens arrest, citizens arrest. When Andy gets trapped in the mine and Barney cooridinates a rescue. So many good shows, so many laughs. Always a good lifes lesson in each episode. The rubber faced man who have made so many generations laugh will be missed.:sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.