The 99 car?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Nov 15, 2009.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    What in the world happen to Carl Edwards this year? No wins yet with one to go.

2. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Bad year to say the least!

Rousch is not keeping up his program and they look to be a year behind Hendrick.

Know wonder Mark is so happy. Should have made the jump years ago.
    Carl could be the next to leave the fold?

Boy Jr. just can't get a break in 09'.

3. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Unfortunately, Jr. makes a lot of his own "bad luck"! Honestly, I look for him to fade into the sunset in about 5 years.

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Once Dannica Patrick comes to nascar with the Hendricks crew there won't be room for jr.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Why the digression, Scott? I smell a red heron. :wink: What's Jr's bad luck have to do with the 99 car? :confused2:

BB in SC

6. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL

At the end of Bruce's response, he states that "Jr. can't catch a break". I just couldn't let that one pass. Sorry Bill. As for the 99, those guys are just way behind.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ill be a fan:eek:oooh::smile2:

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i think it was more rousch than carl. there program just fell behind like childress also. plus carl had a broken foot before the chase and ran about 14th every race. never seemed to be competitive this season as after the effort at kansas to win by riding the wall we all know he would have been if he could.

as for jr. hes on a road to the truck series with the performance hs showed this season.:smile2:

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I look for the Roush teams to be tough next year. Jack has always stepped up the program after a bad year. Plus there will be more money after down sizing to 4 teams next year.

Allmendinger looked tough in the last 2 races driving the new ford for Richard Petty Motorsports.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Lack of testing by Rousch teams.

11. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sometimes you're the windshield.....sometimes you're the bug. Can't blame anything but Luck for Carls' effort this year.

Danica Patric.........I wasn't aware of her having anything to do With Hendricks. What I HEARD was that she was considering Nationwise under Jr. Motorsports. I could be wrong because I don't pay much attention to things until it's a done deal.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He will get used to it! Mikey did!:smile2: rollo

13. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    well since i'm a fan of roush... i hope they get back into it in 2010 they were doing real good the last couple years then just kinda fell apart some where.. not just carl but kenseth also.. as far as jr. goes i see him as being like kyle petty.. had the dad that was one of the greatest ever then he wasn't all that good but jr. has a great fan base if i were a chevy boy i'd be for him.. just my 2 cents worth

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Roush kept his wallet close to the hip this year.
    While Hendricks kept his wallet open.
    Hendricks was paying to test at tracks all over the place. Roush wasn't.

Even though rules against testing were instated this year, they didn't prevent teams from testing on tracks that they didn't race on.