The $700 catfish (almost)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Jun 1, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well it almost cost me $700 for it.Let me start off by saying this,May 31st is not a good day for me PERIOD!!! I usually don't go anywhere on this day,as my car wreck that almost killed me was May 31st,2000.I am superstitious to a point,but I had to go put a cpl jugs out as I couldn't catch a chicken or get close enough to a cow.The day started off normal.I was going to go to the bank and deposit a check that was from a guy that bought a car off me.The check was made out to him,and he signed it and gave it to me.When I got to the bank,they had closed at noon,went back home and THOUGHT I had put the check up.A little while went by and I went to the bait shop and the grocery store to get a few different kinds of bait.I went,put out a few jugs and fished for a while.When I got home,I submitted my pics(I caught one fish,luckily on a jug) and went to bed.I got up this morning and was gonna go to the bank and I couldn't find the check.I tore this place upside down and it was nowhere.I started re-tracing my steps and called Steve(owner of bait shop) to see If I had dropped it there.NO,was the answer,my heart was skipping beats and I was ready to throw up.I called the guy to have a hold put on it but no answer.I then called the store and luckily,someone had turned it in!!! I'm waiting on him to go pick it up and bring it back to me now.I'm sure glad there are some honest people in the world to help out dumba**es like me out!!! I guess yesterday turned out lucky for me,I'm still sick though,just the thought of that happening.By the way,my other half has been calling me 'Check' since this,kind of a fitting nickname.OK,I just had to share my bonehead moment with you all.I bet even mellon hasn't done one this bad!!!

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If nothing else, you have soothed my frustration of thinking those types of things only happen to me. Now I know I'm not alone...:lol:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nope you're not alone,I'm sure this isn't the last dumb thing I'll do either.I hope its the last for awhile though.By the way,anybody have a valium? I could use one about now!!!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man, that sucks bro. I know how it feels to have your heart drop out of your chest like that. At least is was recovered.

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    We all have bad days and one of these days I will have a good one. Sunday the wifes uncile passed away and then there was a big fight in her family and I mean a fight with punches between her sister, brother and her father. So I fell your pain as far as the badday only mine is just moreal day weekend as they got into a fight last year and I all most beat her brother to death because he hit my wife.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey 'Check' :

Did you want your username changed to this ?

My other question for you are you related to JW, H2O Mellon ?

We all have a day like this and I am sure this wont be the last one, and tell your better half thats why you married her to help you remember what you lost..LMAO :lol:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    ROTFLMAO!!! You ought to change it DH,my mother-in-law just called and said 'hey Check',she had been called already and told about it.I'm seriously beginning to wonder if maybe I was the third one in the space ship that was shot down,and my memory erased.I'm gonna have to trace down my family tree and see what is up.I hope this doesn't happen again,I've already been told I'm not allowed to have 'checks' or cash anymore.I think I'm getting what mellon has 'fishing burnout' for a different reason.I think I'm still gonna get sick,just thinking about what could have been.....

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just wondering,does the BOC give an award for the biggest dumba**,bonehead move of the year? If so,I think I've won it.

9. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nah that award goes to the guy in general catfishing that put diesel in his outboard

10. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Check : This may be the first year this award will be given away. and I think you might be in the running for it but I have seen dumb moves this year from other members, I would not mention there name since there in the running for it..LMAO:cool2:

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

why is that my ears were burning when i read that?:that_hurt:

oh wait - you must have been talking about sal and the moving picture machine:lol:

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    boy now i think your being pretty harsh on yourself saying mellon hasnt done anything that stupid. well i guess the world isnt full of bad ppl unlike me out their!:lol:

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Congrats on the award Phil. LOL Sorry Sal theirs always next year. LOL

14. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How about ( " CATFISHJOHNCHECK " )......

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :oops: OOPS LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IT COULD OF BEEN LOST FOR GOOD. AT LEAST AN HONEST PERSON FOUND IT AND YOU GOT IT BACK.JUST THANK THE GOOD LORD .HE WAS LOOKING OVER YOU.
    MY LUCK I'D NEVER OF GOTTEN IT BACK AND WOULD OF BEEN IN DOG HOUSE FOR A LONG TIME.

16. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Gosh Gator! You make a guys bad day look like a walk in the park!

17. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I will tell you like I tell the wife it is PMA (positive mental attitude) not PMS that make life as good as it is.