That was kind of cool...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Jul 25, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I was running late this evening and didn't get to the ramp till around 10. Me and Joe were getting the boat ready and this old timer I'd talked to at the ramp a few times was there bank fishing. (John, it was the guy who we talked to putting in at Cooley last weekend) He said his buddy didn't come out so he was there alone. I thought about it a minute and told him I had space in the boat if he wanted to jump in. Feller looked pretty happy about it and jumped in. I told him to just leave his rods in the truck and I'd play guide.

Long story short I managed to get him on an 18# blue in good current at the second spot we tried that worked the guy pretty good :smile2:. I got to hear some funny stories from his 35 years driving a truck and he got to catch a fish he seemed just tickled to death with, so I think we both made out pretty well.

Storms started moving across (when the fish hit I was actually standing there thinking about heading in) so we headed out right after that. Probably could have stayed longer, but I wanted to quit while the old feller still thought I knew what I was doing and we weren't getting rained on:smile2:

2. Kalvinc

Kalvinc New Member

State:
    Russellville, AR
    Thats pretty neat, Good job helping someone land a big fish (or at least its big to me and probably to him :smile2: ) Wish someone would do that for me lol

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Awesome Brandon,

I had a decent night out as well, but got caught in the rain. Did you guys have the heavy winds and hail down that way? We sure had a nasty little storm blow through.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    No, we watched the light show off to the south, though. Looked like they were really catching it down that way.

Lots of sheet lightning high over where we were, but no skeery stuff.

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a good night, Brandon. Thats what it is all about. I'll bet with 35 years on the road under his belt he had some great stories.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    After he seen us come in i'm surprised he got in the boat.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Jus kiddin brother, that was a mighty fine gesture and i can assure ya the man will never forget it either. Good to hear the bite is pickin back up.

7. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    that was pretty cool of you to do that for him. its allways good to invest in good karma.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You da man Branden!!

9. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Way to go Branden that was a real nice gesture and I'll bet that fellow was mighty gratefull!! :cool2:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Outstanding job Branden. There should be an award for this. Being a great sportsman, and thinking of others deserves a special thank you. He will talk about that trip just like the years behind the wheel.

11. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Good story Branden, and give your time to the feller reps to you :wink:

12. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Way to go Branden you jus started something else now every chance he gets thats where you gonna find him fishing out of his RIG on the side of the road. thats a blessing that you'll get back unexpectly:wink:

13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like the Branden I know. I bet it was a blast watchin him fight that fish.
    He wont soon forget that random act of kindness.

14. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Last year when I first found this site. I was sitting on the bank with a freind of mine at Cooley Lake. We weren't doing so good on catching fish, but it was a nice night out. After ten or so this big guy backed down the ramp to launch his boat. We started to BS back and forth and when I approached this freindly guy. I knew right away who he was from his picture. Brandon asked me if we wanted to jump in the boat. Man I wanted to so badly, but the darn freind I was with was scared to death to get on a boat as he can't swim:angry: <lol> I was so bummed, but I don't leave freinds hanging so I stayed on the bank. You just don't get many chances like that from people like Brandon. Brandon is a pretty good guy for sure and I always appreciated the fact that he even asked that night to join him on his boat:wink:

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good story ! :cool2:

16. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    WTG,Brandon.That's what fishing is all about.Nice guide service,he caught a good one.

17. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Great job, Branden! I tried the same thing couple last weekend, but was not nearly the guide you were. I took a fella from catching dinks to catching cold! But you're right on, you can really meet some interesting people and share some good stories. My partner was down from Maryland, and after listening about Potomac catfish all night, I'm ready to travel!

18. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I will give ya an ata boy on this one, and hopefully everyone on here would be willing to take someone out with them givent he opportunity (if there boat is big enough). Wat to go branden, that is what this site is all about.:big_smile:

19. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    great story... i love to hear them