That time of year: Share one scare/prank story please!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Oct 25, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ok, so Halloween is coming up and in time for the "holiday", Im asking that you share one creepy/scary story or a good prank story of yours with us. Here is the difficult part-

1) We arent in high intensity so it has to be creepy but nothing adult or profane for the section.

2) It must be a true real life story.

Ill give her a go:

When I was in college I took a few metalsmithing classes. 4 of them to be exact. Id make everything from jewelry to rebuilding a brushhog deck out of spare parts. Well, to save money, I'd go to an old fella's house down the road from my grandpa's house and ask him for scrap and for a few dollars, he would let me take whatever I could carry out of his junk pile and use it. It probably saved me a couple hundred dollars over the course of the years.

Well this story has two standout creepy issues- First, the man had a seeping wound on his face for as long as I had known him. Im not talking a pimple.... Im saying that this man had a crater in his cheek as big around as a raquetball and it never healed. NEVER. And I knew him for a good 12 years. Some days he'd have it bandaged, some days it would just be out there in the breeze... grossing me out and bleeding, or grossing me out and leaking, or grossing me out and looking particularly dry... but creepy. Other days if he had to go shopping, he'd put a gauze eye patch over it an it woulnt quite cover it- sorta like a wound-eclipse-corona.... and if it was a gauze day you bet the pad would be yellow round the edges.

Anyhow, in order to get anything from the guy you had to go into his house and find him. This wouldnt be a troublesome feat for anyone really if you didnt mind a lil mess... but he also had a good 100+ cats. Well one day I went into the house to go ask for some rerod that he had, and he was in the kitchen. He walked to the table and sat down with a bowl of cereal. In a matter of seconds there were probably 10 cats eating out of his plate and the old man continued talking to me as he spooned from the center of the plate, his cereal-and-milk-filled spoon dipping out of the center of this mass of cat heads lining the rim of his bowl, and into his mouth. At one point I asked him a question and he paused and as he spoke while the cats licked just about everything off his spoon. He popped it in his mouth, cleaned off the rest and kept going at the cereal. :crazy: :crazy:

Now Im not opposed to giving a pet a scrap from the table, but I'd never consider sharing a spoon with one... or 10.... or more'n 100.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Whose got more!?!? COME ON GET IN THE CREEPY SPIRIT!!!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My wife used to put the plates in the floor after dinner for the dogs until she found out I was throwing them away after she did that.

As for a prank. Before we got married my wife had taken a self-defense class and was bragging about how tough she was and that she could whip anybody that tried to snatch her. So to prove a point I put on some black sweats a vlack long sleeve shirt and a black mask and hid in the bushes by the front door. It was dark and I had unscrewed the light bulbs by the front door to boot. So she got out of her car, walked up to the door and I jumped out of the bushes and grabbed her. Scared her so bad she wet herself and I STILL FEEL Guilty about doing it, but I got the point across. If someone wants to cause you harm, they can and it will always be when you least expect it.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    This isn't a prank that I pulled but when I think about it, it still makes me about half sick.

Back in the late 50's there was this hermit, a jolly old fellow who would weigh in the neighborhood of 450-500 pounds who lived down in the hollow about half a mile down the road from us. The road down to his house was more like an old logging road. He had no electricity but used coal oil lamps and a 2 burner coal oil (Kerosene) stove or more like a hot plate. He had no running water either. There was a spring about 30 feet from the house but he had a rain barrel right beside the door where he would catch rain water since he had such a hard time walking to the spring to use for his cooking and dish washing. If the summer was hot you could find him sitting in the water by the spring. I did that several times and that was a sight in itself what with the big gray dog ticks hanging in the rolls of fat and him naked as a jay bird sitting in the creek below the spring.

Anyhow, I was going down to his place during deer season to do some hunting and I had to walk everywhere back then so I walked down to his house and beat on the door and he lit a lamp and came to the door and I told him who I was and he let me in.

Now the gross part... He wanted me to stay for breakfast with him before going out hunting. He opened up 2 cans of mackerel and dumped into a old cast iron skillet that he wiped out with a rag that I don't think I would have used to polish my shoes. Then he got about 6 eggs and broke into the skillet along with the mackerel and stirred it up real good. Then he took one of those coffee cans (1 pound size like they used back then) and scooped it into a sack of calf starter (calf feed used when weaning calves) and pulled it out and dumped it into this already cooking mess and stirred it around some. Then he got his coffee pot and went to the rain barrel (with all these little bugs swimming around in it) and filled his coffee pot and brought back to his "stove". Into this he dumped 5 or 6 tablespoons of grounds. Then got a box of Hershey's cocoa and put in 3 tablespoons of that into the coffeepot.

Then he said breakfast would be ready pretty quick but I insisted I needed to get into the woods before the sun came up and I split.

It all sounds funny now but if you could have seen the condition of his house and all, you wouldn't have stayed for breakfast either.

Mom made him a birthday cake once and I walked down and told him to come up for lunch and his birthday cake. He showed up on his cart pulled by a jenny. Mom and I got 1 piece of the cake and he ate the rest at that 1 sitting. No wonder he was so big!

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Awe, that stuff aint nothin. Try going to an Illinois Gathering (Catstock) and see Dodgeman with his shirt off.

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    you had me at big grey dog ticks hangimg from his fat rolls

thats about as gross as it can get well maybe if you said he asked you to pick them off of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i would have ran for the hills:crazy:

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi

that aint a sight for sore eyes !!!!!!!!:tounge_out:

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    These are awesome!

That ole man sittin in the creek tops it. LOL