That Smell

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pendog66, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i was talking to my dad today about the best stories from last year fishing. And we both agreed it had to of been when i went fishing with BigCatSteve all night. Because when i got back i didnt take any of the buckets of the truck because i thought nothing was in there. But there was, a sucker that was about 3 inches long. The next day it got up to about 90 degrees outside. My mom went to go get the truck gas. But when she opened the door, that smell hit her. Her eyes got as big as golfballs :eek: . She immediately ran in the house to tell me what i had done. My dad and i looked at each other and laughed. But i tell you what that truck smelled like death. When i sat in it, it made my eyes water. It took a total of a week to get the smell away. Does anyone else got any That Smell stories???

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    back years ago when i used to drink a buddy and me went crawdadding and got so drunk we left them i the truck of my wifes car. well couple days later she is complaining about this smell i said hey aint my car so aint my problem lol well couple more days go by and she is begging me to find out what is wrong with her car. well opened the truck and there was a bunch of slightly wilted cradads in there.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive left tubs of chicken liver in my truck overnight. Nice hot day and whooo.
    Talk about stink.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Left a bag of shad in my cooler for a week in the summer.....:crying:

Then this one time I was fishing with JW and he forgot to put deodorant on.....for goodness sakes.....LOL

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    other than the sucker, one of the worse things i have ever smelled was a case of nightcrawlers left in the trunk of a car. Whew that stank

6. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    a few yrs a go me and my best friend would pull tricks on each other and one time i place dead shad under the springs in the drivers and passenger side seats and it was a very hot summer. he calls me up and ask me to come over so when i got their he's like help me find the dead thing in my car while i was helping him i was saying it smells like it is coming from under ther seats so he put his hand under their and had 3week old dead shad on his hands i laughed so hard i peed my self but my friend did get me back he put a live skunk im my truck we still laugh about it :grin-big:

7. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    caught about a dozen gills one day and had em in my ice chest cause I didn't have a stringer. Had to leave in a hurry that evening before I could clean them and when I got home the ice chest was gone. Thought the wife threw em out and put the chest up. Really she'd just moved it around the corner where I don't look. They sat in there for two months, til I could smell them with the lid still on tight. Needless to say I was in for a big surprise when I opened it. I turned as green as the inside of the ice chest. :sad: That one got thrown away.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Lol that's funny zakk.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh man, it wasn't funny at the time! And don't even get me started on that DH guy....whoa nelly!

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    took my moms car out for a late night fishing trip and when i got back home i was to tired and left my poles and everthing in her car. i woke up the next morning and had to get my stuff out in a hurry because she was leaving and i needed my poles to fish that day. well a couple days passed that she did not drive her car but said ever time she went to check the mail that she was smelling something dead. so the day finally comes when she open up her car to take a ride and she did everthing but upchuck breakfast for that morning.we searched the car high and low unable to come up with anything so i said maybe got something on her seat so she takes the car to get it cleaned and the smell, well instead of getting beter it would just slap ya right in the face. what had happen was when i got my stuff out a box of worms and chicken livers fell down to the side of the trunk. oh my god i never smelled anything that bad before. so need less to say she still want let me drive her car:)

11. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yea back when I use to drink(Bet ya'll are surprised to here that!) my brother inlaw and I came back from fiishing (Drunk) we got the stringer out of the trunk and started cleaning fish. I told him I thought there was one missing, we looked again still did'nt see it. About two days later that car was stinking bad six days later we found the fish down in the fender well. Talking about your eyes watering, nose burning, the fish had started to decay. And people wonder why I do'nt drink anymore!

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have so many "smell" stories it isnt funny! the best one i think was when i went to a ******* back in 1990 channel fishing. at the time i owned a 1982 (?) oldsmobile omega 4cyl car with a very small trunk. the channels really went bezerk that day and i caught fish from 10am to 6pm non-stop! when i decided i had enough i packed up my stuff and crammed it in the backseat because i needed all the room in the trunk for fish! i ended up having 75, 2-5lb farm raised channel cats, a personal record that still stands. all these fish were on stringers so stupid me took all of them off of the stringers and threw them in the trunk. went home, gave a bunch to the neighbors, and ended up cleaning about 40 of them for myself. it was mid-june and 80+ everyday. the next day i go out to go to work and when entering the car i smell a really bad fish odor, i just think its the slime that rubbed off on the carpet. 2 days later i cant even ride in the car without having my head out the window, even after several attempts to clean out and de-funk the trunk! 2 days after that the neighbors are starting to bitch thinking i have a bunch of fish carcases in the trash cans in the alley. (took carcases to the river the night i cleaned them) little did they know the funk was comming from the trunk of my car. after about 8 days i couldnt even drive the car! i would ride to work with a freind. finally a couple neighbors threatened to call the police on me if i didnt get rid of the odor that was fumigating the entire neighborhood. by now you could smell the car a block away. so, i decided i was going to rip out all the carpet and scrub the trunk with dawn and water. after i riped out the carpet (and throwing up) i discovered that on either side of the trunk there were little pockets that went underneath. i imediately blurted out "uh-oh!", reached down into the abyss.....and pulled out a handfull of maggots! (puked again!) turned out 5 channels wiggled their way down there past the carpet on the ride home that evening! i ended up driving to the car wash and sucking out the remains and maggots with the vaccum and blasting out the trunk with engine de-greaser. it still smelled for about another month afterwards. hungry now?:D

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Those side pockets next to the fender well thats were we found ours too Dink.

14. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's one for ya. A couple of years ago, I went night fishing, When I got home, Got everything out of the trunk, or thought I did. Temp was about 600 degrees, (felt like it) and I over looked a container of livers. YEAH. After I couldn't bear it anymore, I opened the trunk, gaging, and found them. Along with MAGGOTS. Go figure. It took about two weeks to kill "that smell".

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You ain't right Lil'Brother, LMAO!!!

I am not sure how many of you have been saltwater fishing, but I will tell you this much. If you drop one Little Bitty shrimp in the trunk of your car and leave it for one day in the Texas sun, it will be something that will stay with you for weeks, LOL!!!

16. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I think the worst smell ive had in my car was nightcrawlers baked in the summer heat, in a moldy trunk.

17. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Many years ago when I was a goofy kid, I was running on the beach alongside Lake Superior.

I saw something laying on the beach that looked like a log. I leaped with the intention of landing on the "log", balancing, and then jumping off.

Unfortunately, the "log" was not a log at all, but was, in fact, a large dead fish. Of course, I landed square on the thing, it quished under my weight, and I had pink goo covering my legs from ankle to thigh (I was wearing jeans). I walked into the very cold lake to wash it off, and tried to get as much off as I could. I got most of the fish remains off, but it didn't really help the smell. Plus my jean legs and shoes were squishing with water and dead fish residue.

When we got back to the car, no one wanted to sit by me (go figure). It didn't really matter though, because the smell permeated and funkified the entire vehicle.

It was a rather foul smelling trip home for all.

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ok, heres another "smelly" story.........we went to this one hole on the river one evening where you can drive across the river when its low. (if you have 4x4 and set high enough) fish werent hitting and we decided to leave around 2am in the morning. we were expecting a fish show as we left, at night the carp and gar are really thick in the riffle area where we cross at. as my spotlights are beaming in the darkness you see gar and carp haulin ass triyng to get out of the way, sometimes jumping clear out of the water. as i was heading home i would stop at stoplights and kept smelling a really foul fish odor, thought it was the fishy water burning off the exhaust. get home and as my truck is still running theres smoke rolling out from under the truck and i think "oh crap what did i mess up now.....i'll look at it in the morning". the smell of fish was still really bad also! next morning i crawled under there to find a 5-8lb capr stuck between the catylitic converter and the body of the truck, burnt to a crisp in the middle and swelled up elsewhere.

19. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I had a 60 model Pontiac Convertible and had been fishing with nightcrawlers. Forgot and left them in the trunk for probably 3 or 4 days in the heat of the summer. Stench was terrible. It had permeated throughout the car and had to replace the convertible top to get rid of the smell.

20. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    ok heres another story,(i gonna try to hang with Mike on the stories) I was at the Beach house this year, and my routine was go out and fish in the morning and afternoon in the surf to catch bluefish. Then i would take the bluefish at night and shark fish with them. Well one of the best baits to catch them are finger mullet about 2 to 3 inches long. One day i caught about a dozen bluefish and took them inside to freeze them. I didnt want to waste the rest of my mullets so i tossed some ice in the water and turned on the airater and went inside to shower and eat. Within that span of 2 hours i was inside the airater died. I walked outside to the truck which was parked underneathe the the beach house in the shade and opened the top of the bucket. That smell hit me and man was it terrible. I stepped back real fast and in the motion my cell phone flew out of my shirt pocket and landed squarely in the bucket i fished out really quick and my god it smelled bad. The whole area around the house smelled for a week. And I had to use a smelly cell phone that whole week until my parents came down with the new one.