That Puts a Damper on Things!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 8, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I awoke to see what Mother Nature did to us and the fishing again! She must not be a fisherman, nor care about us that are ready for spring! Damn her! lol...rollo

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Spring? Whats that? I think in Ohio this year we'll have Winter and Summer. It will be 30 and snowing until mother nature flips the light to the 90 degree summer days! :crazy:

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Might end up ice fishing some more before it's over.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Rollo, just go out and mow the yard! That way when the weather breaks you'll have time to go fishing instead of doing yard work.:big_smile:

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    yeah, the ground is covered with that white stuff down here in Henderson,Ky too. The Ohio river is raging the ramps are closed. LOL

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Can't mow the grass here ... can't find it with about 12 inches of snow on the ground and more on the way ...... can't fish ... guess I will have to go look for a water fountain someplace .... Hmmmmmm ..... :eek:oooh: .... garry-

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Thats easy......this time of year you just have to shovel the snow off the grass first, then you can get it mowed just fine. What else does Rollo have to do anyway?:smile2:

Its funny how a guy can fish in the coldest weather out there, but momma ask you to do a 'honey-do' outside and it suddenly seems too cold!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    It's called mindset .... just can't get my set to do those honey-do's ..... Garry-

9. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    spring i think thats when its warm aint it?lol...

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Theres labor laws ( I think) that says a man doesn't have to werk in the same miserable elements he plays in.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man with this weather I have almost forgotten about fishing, it seems that decent weather is so far away...I hope we have a warm spring.

12. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    No fishing in East Kentucky. Snow and flooding all at the sametime.:angry:

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah not only did she put a damper on this weekend, but when all this melts next weekend will be shot to when the river is at 1000ft!:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

14. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    That is for sure T ... temp forecast for Thursday is 50 with Tues & Wed in 40s. We had 18 inches of snow here in Newark. That goes to the Muskingum and then the Ohio ...... It will be almost 2 weeks before anything is any good, except maybe some of the lakes ..... Grrrrrrr!!! ........ Garry-:angry:

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Whats the matter with you all? We get the best snow in 50 years and you are all worried about spring getting here to fish.lol Enjoy this while it last. With Global warming coming and all we may never see this again. You can make up snow days by going fishing a couple of times extra. Snow melt off and flooding is good for the fish.It helps send all that junk on down the river. I can see them catfish smiling now. Just like I am! :big_smile:

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Global Warming ???? The coldest winter in years ... more snow than in years ... Don't listen to those Morons in Washington .... They just want more of your tax dollars ...... Garry- :confused2::confused2:

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah I seems like I have spent the past couple weeks shoveling all this Global Warming...Give me a break...:confused2:

18. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wouldn't surprise me much if it snowed the day before it turns 100 and just stays there untill it snows again. I really need to get back down south!

19. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Just think in a couple more days when it all melts we can go white water rafting on the Muskingum.