That high cold muddy MO river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, May 4, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow fishen it has been tough just enough timber to be a pain. Went out mon strikeout. 1 good hit and I missed him wasent fast enough to get the rod ,bait was crushed and spit out. Marken some nice fish holding below the schools of carp in 25 to 50 ft of water behind the dikes just cant get em to bite lol River temp was 60 deg even --around the morrison bottoms area. Even the trot liners are slow not many fish and then just small ones. Mabe the next 2 weeks will be better when the water hits 64 to 65 deg and settles out some lol. As long as the rain lets off. Let me know how the mo riverrats are doen with the catfish guys.:smile2:

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My coworkers husband was fishing out of Washington or New Haven on the Missouri this past weekend and caught 5 blues. Four were 2-5 lbs and one was a 47 pounder. Very healthy lookin fish. Sure made me wish I was out fishing and not working lol.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sorry, man, big fish on the cleaning table and hanging out with the set linin' crowd. You're gonna have to figure it out by yourself. Wish I could help. But not really.

4. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    I tried yesterday and didnt have much luck.I had fresh shad but we fished the channel more and only tried the flats once,should have spent more time.Might head to taberville today and fish with a old buddy.

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

way to go earl !!!! if anybody can wackem and stackem i know ole EARL can for sure :wink:
    ill peel some tatters and tomaters yummy yummy :roll_eyes::smile2:

6. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    have no worries troy, things will change. soon you'll be smacken them with a paddle to keep them out of the boat.
    pm me and let me know what time on friday your thinkin of headen out.
    oh....how did you do in the last days before snaggin season was over? did you get your trophy spoon for the season?

7. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Went today,put in at Osceola and done pretty good. Caught fresh shad pretty fast and got to fishn.Nothin big,couple 8 lbrs. and bunch of 3 to 5 lbers.Seemed like they wanted them cut.Fished with worms on two poles but lil ones and drums is all that hit.Got shad for in the morning and got definite plans to fish at taberville.

8. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol I only got 2 35lbers about the size of yours TheMadCatter. lol Rotten woman of a wife nailed a 50lber and a 45lber lol thats snaggen. Snaggen is funn when the kid next to ya nails a 70lb and the old geezer hits a 60LB and ya hit nothen lol. But I still luv it.:smile2: OH well its Cat time. Gona hit the Salt sat night Blues and flats. Friday its gona storm better in than out in it eh. Hope ya can change plans TheMadCatter. If it all works well ya get to see the monster float rig in use. God it would be great to Put ya on a 50+ cat. Would make my year bro.

9. TravisJS

TravisJS New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i am very new to the sport, what is the best way to catch shad on the Mo for bait.

10. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i believe its by casting net, but when is was at pickwick i caught 4 or 5 big ones on a sibiki rig.

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Travis, cast net is the way to go. Try creek mouths and field ditches.

Troy, sorry about my earlier post - I'll keep my big mouth shut in the future till I know the real deal.

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    o hell brandon what fun would that be :smile2::smile2:
    dont feel bad troy brandon has been on my case a time or 2 :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:
    but poken and ribbin is what guys do best hee hee and paybacks are a ......... lol

atleast it wasnt me this time lol

good luck guys and gals catch a hawg !!!!!!:wink: and congrats on the nice fish !!!!