Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Nov 27, 2008.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Just took the bird off the smoker and now the house smells sooooooo good, can't wait till dinner!!! 2 hour bird, started at 3:30 and made temp. at 5:30, think I'll have another cup of Java and stare at it:smile2:.

Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday, just a day with family and good food........and a nap if I'm lucky.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Charlie Thanks..I can almost smell that smoked turkey myself.

My Wife put ours in the oven at 4am he's starting to smell pretty good also.:wink:

We have the kids coming over today and will eat watch football and eat some more:smile2:

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving Day..

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wishing everbody a restful and happy day :wink:

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Decided to not waste the fire and threw a "fattie" on for an appetizer. A "fattie" (around my house anyway:wink:) is a 1 pound roll of Italian sausage rolled in a favorite rub and smoked to an internal of 160.........slice and drizzle some Blue's Hog BBQ sauce over it and it's some fine eats.:big_smile:

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving....

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    That sounds mouth watering good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Really need to cook up about 10 pounds of the stuff then freeze it, would make great 'boat snacks". If you use a really hot rub it will help facilitate the rapid consumption of icy cold adult type beverages..........warning..........this could be a determental to the motor skills necessary to achieve a proper hook-set. I think that's why Jim uses circle hooks:smile2::wink::tounge_out::crazy::big_smile:

8. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I'm just now putting my turkey in the cooker. Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.:big_smile:

Charlie your making me want to sneek over to your place and start my yearly weight gaining saramony.:smile2: (Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners)

Have a great day everybody.

Chris

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Happy Thanksgiving!

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    All this talk of food is making me hungry.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Heading for my parents place in Overbrook for the feast, mom will be making chicken and noodle to go along with the smoked turkey. Chicken and noodles has sort of become a tradition with our family on Thanksgiving.......along with the bird. Anyone else have a "main dish" besides turkey that is a family tradition on Thanksgiving?

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

How about a cook-off between Charlie and Caleb at the next gathering?
    Sounds like a plan to me.:wink::smile2:
    I will be the taste tester.

13. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Over the last few years we've been mixing it up for Thanksgiving, one year Turkey, next year Ham, Steak, Lobster, BBQ........Then on Christmas we have traditional Turkey, and Ham.

Happy stuff your face day everyone

14. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    We usually have turkey or ham. This year we are having ham. I just found that out.:smile2:
    My favorite is the yeast rolls. I could eat them by their selves.:cool2::smile2:

15. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Turkey and chicken noodle here also. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Have a safe holiday weekend. :big_smile:

17. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Turkey Greenbean casarol. Just cleaned the turkey from the bone and getting everthing else ready.

18. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Had our feast Sunday b/c brother had to go back out to the rig Monday evening & his wife and kids are going to her family's this week. Today I am spending it relaxing and enjoying the quiet peace. Daughter is eating dinner with her buddy's family, son is eating dinner with his girlfriend's family and hubby has been in woods hunting. He scored an 8 pt today.
    My Thanksgiving meal may be turkey salad sandwiches made with left over turkey meat.
    Thinking about putting up the Christmas tree today... that is a tradition I usually do on Thanksgiving evening... drag out the tree from the shed and get decorations ready for hanging. Who knows, it may wait til tomorrow, this quiet time sure is nice today.
    I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving Day with your families and friends.

19. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    My wife put our tree up two days after Halloween.

20. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just wanted to say hi and Happy Thanksgiving to all the fine people down south. Hope all of you have a great day.