Thanksgiving What does it mean to you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Nov 23, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was going to do this different [menu type] but decided this would be better
    On thanksgiving I like to look at all that has been made possible for me to do or have [ie] health family , neccessities of life and the good food we have This year will be sure to add our freedoms

2. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanksgiving to me it means taking a good hard long look at what has transpired in my my life over the past year,, all the good things and bad and quite simply giving thanks to the good lord above for giving me the strength to overcome the bad and what I could have done to avoid the bad things altogether in the future and to continue making good things happen. And of course partaking in the thanksgiving meal with family and friends.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    For me, Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for family and friends and all that we are so lucky to have. It is also a great time to help others. A lot of folks out there get to feeling really bad during the holiday season because of one reason or another. Some people won't even have a Thanksgiving dinner.

Let's remember to do everything we can to help others.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    thks givin means i get to eat like a pig yep like a dog gone big fat pig and i like it

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    what he said :dribble:

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    MY favrite holiday but I give thanks everday for ths blessing I recive from our FATHER :003:

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To me it's a holiday that I have to spend at my in laws, which I hate!:wink:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    To me it's the day that I'll have one of the finest meals of the year and I will surely over eat.

I wish my in-laws were alive so they could join us or we could be with them at there house. Same goes for my folks.

Hope everyone gets plenty to eat and has a great Thanksgiving day.