Thanksgiving Smackdowon Murray

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    "Team Smackdown" and "Team One Way" Fishing report for Thanksgiving Day 2008 on Lake Murray

Thanksgiving day I had the pleasure of fishing with Preacherfisherman and "Little" Preacherfisherman, but this time along came ANOTHER "Little" one!
    "Smaller" Preacherfisherman!:smile2::smile2:
    I was out numbered 3 to 1. :wink:

We were able to put the smackdown on several diferent fishies. I don't remember the total numbers and I will leave that for the threesome to post. I do remember "Little Preacher" Catching the majority of those fish.:eek:oooh::smile2: He caught a 20lb. Blue (PB), an 8lb. channel and topped it off with a 10lb. striper! Those were the big fish of the trip.

Now "Smaller Preacherfisherman" put some fish in the boat as well! I know he boated a few striper and also caught a nice Blue around the 10lb mark! He is quite the talker! :wink::smile2: It just reminded me of my "Little Sunbirds" at home. I don't want them to grow up to fast, but I look forward to the day they are old enought to learn and love this sport.

I am not sure "Big" Peacherfisherman caught any! :eek:oooh: I had a great time just watching the action! These are some fine fishermen to be, but I haven't heard any of them preach yet. LOL!!!

Attached Files:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Once agin I had a great time fishing with Tommy and his boys. This trip was great as usual and having another "Team One Way" member aboard made it even better.

If you ever get the chance to get aboard this boat don't turn it down! These are some great folks and the fellowship is always to notch.:roll_eyes: Not to mention Tommy knows a few things about catching fish! :wink:
    Here are the rest of the pictures I took.

Thanks Tommy and Co.,"Team One Way", for a memorable Thanksgiving 2008!!:wink:

I am Thankful!

Attached Files:

3. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like yall had a very good trip and a nice stringer of fish, thanks for the report.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Any time spent with the kids is an excellent day - even more so takin' them fishing :big_smile: Congrats on the good catch, and for the report & photos! Were any driftsocks lost :wink:

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Tommy would have killed me! He had 2 brand new 77" drift socks from Cabela's. They worked great!

6. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Hey Sunbird, thanks the pics of the boys, they loved them. We really had a good day, but most of all the kids had fun. Sunbird got a taste of two little guys on the boat, one likes to fish like me, and the other well he eats, talks, eats some more and talks some more as Sunbird said.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Guys!:wink: Glad ya was able to turn the boys on to some cats. Kids are the future. Those are some nice hogs there and I bet they were on downed rods like Pop Pop was on Thanksgiving dinner.:big_smile: WIDE OPEN!:wink:

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's great when those kids get in on the action. My hat's off to you guys. :big_smile:

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Congrats to the young guns...great job . Looks like we have more and more kids fishin among us . Come spring we should make a attempt to get them all together to fish.................... I know mine are ready ; )

-Jim-

And a high five to the dads that er makin it happen !!!!!!

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like a fun time was had by all! What kinda boat is that y'all were fishin' out of? From what I can see of it, I LIKE it!
    Bill in SC

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    That would be Preacherfisherman's "pride and joy" :wink:
    It's a 21' Carolina Skiff with a 90hp Yamaha and 487539 rod holders! :eek:oooh:
    You can never have too many! Right? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    487539 rod holders.:roll_eyes: Dang, thats one more than me.:eek:oooh: Them thangs are like bait. you can't never have enough.:big_smile:

13. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    I do have a lot of rod holders, but the more you got the better chance you've got to put the SMACKDOWN:smile2: on some catfish. The boat is actually a 19ft DLV Caroliona Skiff, it just looks 21ft. probably do to all the rod holders:smile2:

14. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    More probable that I am an idoit! :eek:oooh:
    I knew it was 19', sorry.:confused2::smile2: