Thanksgiving Gathering at Mendota Slough

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Nov 18, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Some of us will be getting together the day (Friday) after Thanksgiving. Post here if you want to attend.

2. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I'll be there. Fri - Sun. Gonna be chilly. Will need firewood and some coffee. Maybe some Menudo or Pazole too.:wink:

3. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    I'll be there unless something unexpected pops up.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sorry.... sounds like a good time in the making..... un fortunatly.... got to get down to Yuma and do some "flatting" and camping at at Squaw lake....

In fact....Im getting out of town tomorrow am.. to hit the banks at Blythe and cruise the canals etc on the quad "bank fishing machine"....

I plan on taking the sweat pants and wind pants as well........ its going to be cold on that quad at night......

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Robb, count me in brother! Let me know if you need propane for your stove. I have a box of fire logs, each one last 3 hours.

Jaime

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Menudo sounds BOMB!!! Great for the day after long night of drinking....lol:wink:

7. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I can bring the fixins for that. I hope I catch a striper. I may go for a cruise out to the delta Mendota for a couple hrs too.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on. Like i said, Menudo is tha BOMB! Breakfast of champions! Was talking to Jaime today on the phone and we thought of the same thing about a cruise to Bass Ave. Show Jaime around a bit. Lets do it:wink:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    doesnt look like i will be making the thanksgiving trip:sad2: too much family visiting this year.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ah.... you will be missed:sad2: But family is cool. I bet you gonna eat like king.,..:wink:

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    just what i need!!! hahahahh:eek:oooh:

12. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    :wink:a brother how you doing man that is a big catfish how big was that and how long did it take you to bring it in so is you going to tell us were you got that monster brother it good to see you on here

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good luck guys. Thanksgiven days is family time for me but I am sure yall will have a good time.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Heck ya Robb, sounds like a plan, Menudo in the Morning perfect hang over food. We need a big canister Juanitas Robb, I will bring the Coffee, cream and sugar.

Jaime

15. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brian, for sure! When the BOC brothers get together, I can guranteed we will have great time. Hopefully I will catcha few fish and a nice buzz:smile2:

Jaime

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thats too bad Ray, was really lookng foward to fishing with ya. Oh well, I will have a few beers in your honor. I will call you during the weekend an let you know how we doing.

Jaime

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Will bring the pot and stove. Bring a gal or 2 of water for the coffee:wink:

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Robb, can you also bring a pot for the Menudo? Is Sean bringing the Menudo and the Fixings? If so I will bring 5 pounds of carne asada, the good asada, not like the one I got at Mendota, it was ok, but where I get my asada is off the hook. I can hook that up Friday night with tortillas and salsa.

Jaime

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I can see if my wife will let me bring a big pot. I will try:wink: Carne Asada sounds good to me. :wink:

20. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    keep me posted brothers!