Thanksgiving Fishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Balex123, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm planning on driving down to New Albany, IN (Louisville area) for thanksgiving at my parents place. I'm really excited this year, because I'm going to be able to catfish on th Ohio for the first time. I'm still kinda a newbie, and I'm boat-less so I'm going to have to bank fish. I was curious if anyone knows of any spots on the Indiana side where I can bank fish? Also, how do I go about getting bait? Use bobber and worms for skipjack? I'm not sure how the fishing is going to be with the weather in all, but going to try and plan this out the best I can in efforts to catching my first blue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciate fellas.

2. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    The only bank spots I know of and fish off of are on a friend's property (he owns a couple houses along the river), other than that I have not a clue haha...

And the skipjack i've seen caught from casting nets, and sabiki rigs..

3. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    uh not sure about spots man but for catching skipjack there's sabiki rigs bobber and minnows works good also. if there is a steamplant somewhere near by go there and try for skipjack. gl out there man

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey man go over to the kentucky thread and post this. there are a lot of good guys over there that bank fish the louisville area. they will definately be able to help you . ive always fished at the power plant down below louisville just below new albany. but ive always been on a boat. but yeah just post that you are wanting to know where to bank fish in louisville and youll get bombarded

5. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    fish the hydros around the lower dam you should be able to get some blues there and fish the upper dam to try a catch skipjack drive to falls of the ohio state park

6. Lil Chuck

Lil Chuck New Member

State:
    in
    wish i could walk out my back door and fish the ohio

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    If you get time, come up to Rising Sun. It's about 1.5 hours upriver. I'll take ya out on my boat for the day, we could do Friday or Saturday

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    If you walk down river from the Falls SP to the 1st bend in the river near the creek you can fish from the banks without getting hung on any rocks.
    There is a bait shop just a few blocks from the Falls. I'll have to check on the name of the street. Send me a pm, I'm only a few miles away.