Thanksgiving Day fishing trip

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TnRivershark, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Went to Old Hic and fished and fought the wind, caught 7 nice eater cats. The bite was short, I was using cut shad on the bottom in cedar creek and in the mouth of station camp creek.Sorry no pics the camera is out of town.:big_smile:

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Thanks for the report I wisihed I would have been able to fish.

3. festus

festus New Member

Good report, Kevin. I would have liked to fish today, but unfortunately can't. Did you keep the fish?

4. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    yea buddy "ETOUFEE"will be served next weekend:002:

5. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I was hoping to catch a big fish, I have some big fish on days with the same weather pattern as yesterday. :wink:

6. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, we have a lot of mercury, PCBs, and radiation in most of my catfish water. About the only place I'll keep a fish out of is the Emory or Little Emory River, far upstream from Kingston Steam Plant.

7. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    It is too bad that most of east tenn waterways are pollutted, is was very greatfull when it was shot down to complete the nuc plant on the cumberland several years ago.

8. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I worked at the Hartsville plant at the time the cooling towers were being built. I transferred out of there in 1979. Some of the farmers in the area said their dairy cattle stopped giving milk when they started building that plant. :smile2: Glad to see it was never finished.

9. Good job Kevin.:big_smile:

I put the boat in yesterday from 11 am to 3 pm and got skunked.:embarassed::angry::smile2:

10. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Us Southern Indiana Hillwilliams, (A Hillwilliam is an educated Hillbilly) don't know what "ETOUFEE" are but it looks like it would have a lot of bones in it. Not enough round words. :beat_brick: :dribble: You know O's U's, essess (how many essess are there in ess any way? Just trying to further my edyoukation)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    :big_smile_2:
    That is funny, I like a person with a good since of humor. It is a cajun dish very similar to jumbaliya, its some goooooood stuff.

12. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Etouffee is like a stew..The most common type of etouffe is crawfish but it can be made with just about any meat..Etouffe is usually made with a light colored roux..It must always have the "holy trinity"(onions,green pepper and celery)..It is almost like gumbo but the sauce is thicker..It is one of my favorite cajun dishes..Especially with crawfish..

13. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    is it next weekend yet you are making my mouth water,don't forget the parsley, lemon ooohh my I can almost smell it already. Sometimes I will add shrimp to it also mmmmmmmmmmm good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Serve it over brown rice and cook a skilet of corn bread. I've got to stop I'll be cooking tomorrow and there want be anybody here to it but me, but on 2nd thought:tounge_out:

14. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in

Etouffe ? ROUX????????????????? Hell my driveway is made of roux. -------------------------------------I know, I know, it is a browned flour base used in gravy and other concoctions that only a southern hillbilly would come up with.
    Or a good ole hillwilliam! ((:)smile2:)))

15. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    :worship:Kevin; :002: I would guess that if you opened the door, :0a32: there would be a dozen of us Etouffee and roux eaters volunteer our help eating what ever you came up with. :0a17: :0a22: :0a20: :001: :cross: :0a33:

16. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    good stuff ole buddy:tounge_out::0010::0a22::0a20:the mad boater is going to strike again

17. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Well I know one thing you etouffee and Les' crawfish are welcome to come to my house anytime yall want.I love that kind of eating.I am just outside of the Boro are too Kevin.So wouldnt have to travel far.

18. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    We don't live that far from each other, I live off of 96 at McNiel Farms:roll_eyes:

19. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    We should try to plan something on a sunday afternoon with the middle tenn group and everbody bring a dish. For me it would be better after the new year.:0a1:

20. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Man we are close heck just through the woods to each others house.I am over off of Windrow where the taxidermy shop was/is.I think Bryants grove area would be a good place to have a meet and eat thing.We could have some donate fish and then everyone bring a covered dish and bet it would be a great big spread.