Thanks!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BKS72, Sep 18, 2005.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everybody who's taken the time to answer one of my goofy questions or post some good info.

Caught my biggest fish today, a 25# blue, and never would have done it without all the tips I got here. Before I found this site, I thought a Zebco 202, a worm, and 1oz of weight was gear to catch big fish in the MO river. It can be done, I guess, but I'm having a lot better luck since I started using the advice I got here (baitcast reels, catching my own shad, circle hooks, etc.)

The fish is in my profile pic and other than a sore lip and a bad disposition, he's swimming in the river like nothing ever happened, so everybody's happy :)

Thanks again!

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks, I had just cast that pole in and was getting the others baited and my son said I had a bite. I figured it was just the current, but when I looked up, he had picked up the rod and it was bent over. I asked him if it was snagged, and he said "no, it's a fish". I told him to reel it up, and he said he couldn't. I still figured it was a snag when he handed me the pole, but when it took off upstream, I realized it was a fish. Glad the little guy was there, otherwise I'd be posting about losing a RnR in the river lol.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Way to go Brandon! Now see what ya can do to top it. LOL!

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You probably would of never of caught that fish if it was not for the lightening today. Look at that it's been sunny ever sense. I hate Missouri weather. Good job man now we just need to get you a 30+.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I know it, I couldn't believe we got run off by lightening an hour before. It was hot and sunny where we were fishing. There was probably a 30# with one of our names on it in that hole we were set up on before it started storming lol

6. Bank Catter

Bank Catter New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Way to go stolib!

My fishing has improved alot too since visiting this site.

I'm not a your level yet - but I'm still trying!