Thanks

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Andy52, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    It was truly nice meeting all of you. I'll be looking forward to our next meeting. Thanks for voting the Mrs. and myself in as new members.
    Mark
    (Andy52)
    :big_smile:

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Nice meeting you and the mrs too.

3. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Thanks Mark & Chris, glad to meet ya,
    thanks for bring the fish and help.
    Very nice channels :wink::wink:

4. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice meeting you guys too Andy as well as the other new faces. Good seeing everyone else again too.:big_smile: The food was fantastic. I think there was enough for 2 more gatherings.:smile2: Nice to see Kutter was thinking about all of us this afternoon too.:confused2:

5. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Yes, Nice meeting all of you. Great to put a real face on the people here.

Cant wait till the next one:big_smile:

Hey Piperat, your buddy sleep all the way home:wink:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    sure was nice meeting new people and seeing the old ones again. And as mentioned the food was fantastic. Someone has a bunch of leftovers to deal with. Maybe the night fishermen can handle that.

7. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Someone has a bunch of leftovers to deal with. (Quote)
    i think you can back two days later still be food:smile2:

8. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Great to meet you Mark and Chris and welcome as new members to Gateway Catfishing Club…as you can see we’re all regular folks that enjoy cat fishing and I look forward to many more get togethers like today.

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Wow it was a great time really enjoyed the fellowship with everyone
    Willie --its a good thing you CHICKENED OUT of the poker match I would be holden some of your money, I won $60.00 from the boys Punkin won the second match
    LEFTOVERS is an understatement we need to plan a little better next time

10. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    it was great meeting both of you and welcome to the club

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

I had a great time... It was good seeing everyone again..We really need to do this more often... Branden, Mark, and the Mrs. welcome to the club..Hope you all get as much out of it as i do...

The food was outstanding.... Thanks to everyone who brought and cooked food today.. If someone have some pics post up.. Lets keep the good times going

Kutter, Reps to ya for thinking about me Bro.... That was a sweet gift bag
    In the next couple weeks ima try to get some good shots for you all

Jerry, I didnt Chicken out i planned that perfect.. It was good seeing someone else win... I never seen you so happy...lol Nice win Bro.. Next time you better bring you A game and bet light....lol

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    well I had a great time meeting all the new faces and seeing the old ones again. Pretty tuckered out right now so i am gonna head off to bed will post up some more later.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Very nice meeting the both of you Mark. Glad you were able to join us for the day and looking forward to having you both.Welcome to the club!

14. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    hey there willie how about you post up one of those historical pictures you have of the Floater under it's own power....:big_smile: :big_smile: I do believe that you set a new record yesterday..the floater made 2 voyages without assistance...:cool2: :cool2:
    You da man Willie...good job looks like you have her going your way..

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    It sure was good to see everyone yesterday, I had a great time, and the food was great! I guess the best part of the day was watching "the fisherman formally known as Cuz," get into a "TIGHT SPOT" LMFAO X 10000!:smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out::cool2:

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Details grumper.... Sorry Prez, I talked to my fellow club members yesterday, and the vote is in..... name changes are in order and guess who's on the top of the list

17. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    I had a wonderful time at the meeting. It was interesting watching all the happy faces of the people the joined the club. The fishing part of the gathering was not all that great cuz we got caught in the rain. :wink: the bites were slow but fish was still caught i know that it's gonna get better here in a few weeks or so. But on the other hand it was something to remember. Oh yeah thanks to all the chefs that prepared all the great food we had. And a special thanks to Mrs. Okie for that awesome banana pudding you made.:big_smile_2:

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Well, Yesterday, John wanted to go check out some water behind some moored barges. So we go back there, and there is probably about 35 feet between the bank and the barges, and the barges are moored off by cables, attached to big white steel floats, which are attached to the bank by very large chains. Well, the wind was blowing against us, and we couldn't get the boat under the cables. The boat ended up against the steel float, with the motor going into the rocks and the chain. John pushed his foot against the float to keep the boat off of it, and when he did, the float moved, he lost his balance, and fell in.:smile2: It was very graceful, as I didn't even ask if he was OK, I just asked, "where's your phone at" as he said in my upper pocket, and it was OK. He only went in up to his belly, he was dang near treading water to stay in the boat as he grabbed on the the rail as he went over. I grabbed him, pulled him back in the boat, and we both laughed. I for one, think he's due for a name change, and here's why...

1. The night I caught my 65, his bilge had so much water in it, the boat wouldn't even plane off. He said. "Dang, I knew something wasn't right, my truck was struggling to pull it up the hill"

2. Auto Inflato. He autoinflated his life vest while throwing the bait net at Alton. He was trying to ditch the inflated vest as fast as I was looking for a camera.

3. Drag Chute Incident. While returning home from the Shootout last October, our drift sock flew out of the back of the boat running 70mph down I-70. It looked like the parachute out of the back of John Force's funny car. Then again, he escaped a name change.

Now we have this incident, and I believe it's due.:smile2::smile2: Yesterday, he was the "fisherman formally know as Cuz" Now, I think since he was in a "TIGHT SPOT", the name fits! LMAO:big_smile::crazy::wink:

19. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    it was a great time for sure. im a very proud to be a member of a club with such a great group of people. thanks for allowing me to become a gateway cat, and thanks to all who brought things, cooked thing, and fell off things.....lol

20. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I am not sure if "tight spot "is degrading enough after all the nutrolls you just described.:big_smile: