Thanks Tom and Ray

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Jan 15, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Have to start out by saying WOW!These gentlemen know their stuff. I came away with more knowledge of the Delta and fishing in this trip than I have in many years. I will let my two buddie tell the story. Went to so many spots. Spots that are picturest and plain BEAUTIFUL!!!
    We traveled and ate like kings. Woke up to some of the most awesome views imagiable. Seen herds on deer and various kinds of animals. Ray and Tom are the most nicest guys around. Feel very honored to experience a trip like I have with some of the best fishermen around. If you have not signed up for the Delta Houseboat gathering, I would sign up. This is a must!!! The money is worth just the knowledge in itself.
    Thanks again Ray and Tom. Will never forget this "Delta Scouting Trip".

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey "Ray" & "Tom",
    Save some of the knowledge for when I meet you guys. :smile2:

Just like I told Robb "Your never to old to Learn" and I love to Learn more things about the Hobby that I love the most "Fishing".
    :0a22:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    HELLOooooooooo

How about sharing some pics then of this picturest trip you had, pahlease Sir.

Thanks,

Jealous Vini

4. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Your trip really sounds like a whole lot of fun.

I bet the pics are awesome!

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here are some picts. My camera took a crap. Finally, after falling in the delta twice and the mendota slough once, it finally died:sad2: but here are the last picts. Tom and Ray took some really nice pics.

Robb

Attached Files:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here are a few more pics.

Attached Files:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now that would be awsome to participate in. Thanks for the sharing.

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Camping and fishing in style....

Tom and Robb checking Mendota

bayrunner ray

9. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Life guard Robb "fishing on duty"

bayrunner ray

10. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Pics of the trip

bayrunner ray

11. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Pole holders on the back of the RV for easy stop and go fishing to check on new fishing spots

bayrunner ray

12. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    MAN I cannot describe how bad I wanted to be out there with you guys on Saturday and Sunday my old lady knew it too LOL as Robb would call me and give me updates as to where you were I was following you guys in my head.

Then I started calling Robb, told my old lady I was jsut "checkin up on the guys progress" LOL she knew where I was and it wasn't with her but she needed me there for her and thats the important thing in my life today to make sure she's ok, FOR NOW.

She gave me a huge SHUV to go with you guys in March and even sooner she knows how important fishing and getting OUT is to me.

Glad you guys had a great trip together, Ray my money is in the mail as I type I gave what I could, for now.

Thanks for the pics it will be good to finally meet Ray and Tom and even a few more on the Deltalover trip, may we have Gods blessings on that trip with good weather and tons of fish and fun.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ray, That is one fishing machine. OK, You actually have to see it to get the big picture. The easy access of the pole holders in the back was so convienient. Out side lights and everything needed all at arms length. Electric start heater that pivots:eek:oooh: Sucker was hot! Threw out some heat. Had that outside while Ray hooked up the weber. Ray put some work into his RV. Alot of great ideas that over time evolved into some handy things.
    We stop and jump out with the poles ready!!!!:eek:oooh: Awesome! I was not used to it at first, but after a few stops, I pluged right in.

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice pictures. Glad you all had fun. Looks like a great pace to visit and have serenity.

15. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi guys thanks for sharing your pictures. Glad you you had a good time Robb. Ray and Tom sure know Southern and Northern California.

Jaime

16. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, Give Ray a shout and join us for the Delta Lover house boat trip in March. It costs less than a four day long range, about the same as an overnight tuna run from SD, and you don't have to be overly concerned with the weather making for rough seas.:lol:

17. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom, would love to go only problem is my truck is not in the best shape. I would hate to break down heading to the Delta.

Jaime

18. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, I would have no problem having you ride with me, in fact I would be glad to have company for the drive, but I don't work and will most likely be going up at least a day ahead of everyone else. Ray is going to try to arrange for me to take possesion of the house boat on the 9th as early as they will allow so we have access when everyone starts to arrive in case he's delayed.

19. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Jaime, I plan on leaving early fri morn 3:30 am, and will come back planning to arrive home (Redondo Beach) 11:30 PM. monday night.

You could come up with me. Lets see if more folks from s.cal end up wanting to go as well.

bayrunner ray

20. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    There you go Jaime, I bet your truck would make it to Ray's house over by King harbor.