Thanks to Jon, (jwrdn) for bailing us out of a tight spot!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Grumper, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    On behalf of Cuz, Jerry, Darryl, Rat, "The Float Trip Director" and myself, we'd like to say thanks again, Jon for coming to help us out. The can of gas was much appreciated. If you're ever in a situation like that or any for that matter, just give me a shout. I will be there day or night.:wink:

Don't worry about your club dues for this year, as I just have paid them in full. Thanks again!!:big_smile::wink:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ditto Jon. Thanks a million for relaunching and coming to bail out the two wayward SeaArks. We sincerely appreciate it. I'll half your dues with the Grumper. :wink:

3. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Jon, I sure hope you brought your camera with you. I'm sure you took dozens of photos from all angles of the seaarks that became bouys. How many laps did you make around them taunting them with the gas can? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Two of you ran out of gas at the same time?

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Uhhhhhhh, something like that Gary :smile2::wink:

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Actually, I ran out of gas first, and then Cuz hooked on two me, not realizing it was gonna take more than 1/3 tank of gas to pull a loaded 24 foot SeaArk 5 miles up river. We ended up anchored up and tie together in distress!:crazy::embarassed::embarassed:

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Cuzz
    We should have cut him loose to drift before we ran out of gas ,his trolling motor looked like it could go 5 miles up stream

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Extra electric fuel pump… 30 dollars
    10 foot of fuel line 3 dollars
    Ability to run fuel into another boat.. PRICELESS!!

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ability to place enuff fuel in said boat before launching, Double Priceless :smile2:

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey with these gas prices I dont think that will be the last time someone in this group runs out.

If these prices keep going up I know alot of good bank holes

WHEN THIS DANG WATER GOES DOWN

11. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Guys,
    It was my pleasure! I got what I wanted out of it (a good picture of $50,000 worth of boats anchored up out of gas):smile2: I am trying to get them off Jason's camera and have some good ideas for a "Good Post"

Cuz and Grumper,
    Thank you for paying the membership for me. I apperciate it.

Even though it was a rough night fishing it was nice to be on the river. One thing I forgot to tell you guys about was the refridgerator that ran into us about 3:00am i the morning. It was a full size white fridge that slammed into the front of the boat while we were anchored and scared the hell out of us!
    Jon

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Did you check it for beer????:roll_eyes:

I'm a coffee man myself but who'd look in there for coffee!:smile2:

13. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois

It sounds like a prank to me.:smile2: That put a new meaning on, Is your fridge running? Then you better catch it!!:eek:oooh:

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I think we all got hit with something. Gary and Bill said something about a large branch. I didnt hear the whole story. that little tackle bag of mine is pretty comfortable at 4 in the morning

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It was full when we pushed it downstream [​IMG]

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    how does a fridge get in the river?

17. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Deja Vu or not ??? It has been several months since my last log in to BOC but I swear I seem to remember these same turkeys had run out of gas then as well? Am I remembering correctly :wink:

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nope Dan, you are obviously thinking of someone else..... :roll_eyes:

19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC

The same way water heaters, freezers, pop bottles, dead hookers, etc get in the water - stupid people who think that once you throw something in the water it disapears:smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Spot on, theres always a small chance of rapidly rising flood waters picking up a fridge from someone's back yard and floating it down the river too. :smile2: As was previously mentioned, I believe I would have had to check it for beer too. :smile2: