Thanks to HRCats my desire is back

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 12, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As many of you know I made a post this year about quitting fishing, mainly because off all the people fishing my river and no place to fish.

But seeing my partner Roger stick it out, and catch some nice fish made me realize, I cant never quit, just maybe slow down at times.

It's my only hobby, really always has been, always will be.

As I get older, and with a bad back I cant go to the extremes I once did to catch big flatheads...But if Roger can carry some of my gear, I can walk just about anywhere:big_smile:

And even if I dont catch another big flathead this year, I will still go..I have to...Fishing is feeling fun again, once I stoped taking it so serious, and took a little time off.

Besides, I cant let roger outfish me!:big_smile:

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I need to start catching them with you around!! Just once i'd like to see you net my fish!!! :smile2::smile2:

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Good man Jack the key is dont take it to serious.Life is tough enough,just fish for yourself.Heck I'll be 65 this year and I have a flyfishing trip to colo coming up in sept that I cant wait.Everytime I load up for Santee I know its going to be a world record and I still have my eye on one of those Bluefin tunas that show up off our coast in Dec.Next year I want to go to yellowstone and fish all the blue ribbon trout streams one more time and I sure would like to get to the Boundary Waters in the Quetico before all those smallmouths and walleyes die of old age.Keep fishing for yourself as relaxation.:smile2::big_smile:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Plus since I decided not to Argue the CPR, agenda anymore.

I told ryang to tell me to shut up if he saw me doing that agin, and I dont want to get yelled out!:big_smile:

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    think about this there are few guys out here also that would have talked you back into catfishing again and when you break your pb catfish your are going to want to break that again and again

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now you know that aint gonna happen, my body may be old and fat...But my skill set is still pretty good:big_smile:

Just kidding...Just once I would like us to have a good night with big fish, and both of us catching them!

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im gonna do my best, really though Jack I respect you and how you want the protection that just isnt there for the fish that we want to catch.

8. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    besides flathunter you use words like aint never gonna quite lol i love it
    keep up the desire you of all people desire it and deserve it man you are through and through the MAN when it comes to bank yankin flathead slayin

9. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    glad to see ya got the fever back! :big_smile:. Fishing is about the only thing that keeps my blood pressure down lol. I say its the best medicine and hobby there is. I think we all have times when we need a break...i haven't hit that point, maybe someday i will. Glad to see you got your second wind, plus having a good fishing buddy to shoot the bull with always helps. Keep on truckin

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think everyone of us that comes to this site and makes posts on it has a love and desire for catfishing. I know i do. I also remember the first decent cat i almost caught when i was 12. It was a large channel that i got to the bank before it broke my 10lb test line. I can still see that fish rolling back into the Hocking. And that is where i came up with my name HRCats= Hocking River cats.
    I'm not sure who started pm'ing who first but i do remember a few years ago sending Jack a pm about a spot i used to fish on the Scioto and we discussed this through various pms. Then Jack invited me over to fish with him and i am glad i did! Here is a man that has a love for the sport more than i do!! I just wish he'd leave my poles alone when i run off to try to get some fresh bait!!! :smile2:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes I remember that first pm well, I thought you was a spot thief!!!!! And I thought dang if I tell him where I fish his whole family will be camping there!...I was right!:big_smile::smile2:

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    surely he aint one of those guys that give it a big jerk to jerk your bait off when you aint lookin is he:big_smile::big_smile:

13. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    :smile2:
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No but I do like to tie some line to his rod holder when he is gone, then when he settles back in just give the line a few tugs, and get that rod to bouncing!...But I think he is refering to when he went a few hundreds yard from his rods to catch some bait, and one of them went down...His wife took off running and yelling ROGER!!!!..I held his rod paitently, and Roger sprinted back totally out of breath.

To find out it was only a 3-lb channel cat.

15. slimdaddy

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    thats funny thats a neat little trick:smile2::smile2:

16. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to hear your not giving it up Jack. Sometimes a little break and some good friends is all thats needed to build the fire back up. I am sure there is some young ones out there that can learn from your knowledge. People like you are good for our sport. Keep up the fight.

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    you'll never give it up Jack. you're like me, it's in your blood.

18. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i really thought the hocking did it to ya,

19. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    is that really where the bluegills in the trees came from?

20. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    jack, its good to hear you have got your mojoe back for fishing,and its good to hear its fun for you as well,im glad you got it back, now HRCAT will have to share the spot light instead of hogging it with all his BIG cats lol,lol.:wink::cool2: