Thanks to bluejay

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Swampfox., Jul 9, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just wanted to say Thanks to Bluejay for being most hospitable to a wandering fisherman. made my way up to missouri this week to visit inlaws and take the kids around doing everyting to keep them busy,
    [bass pro shops, water parks and bream fishin at lonejack lake.] and in-between the boc brothers from here scramble to put something together for me. hats off guys, i know it was a work week for most while i'm up here on vacation. however bluejay came thru and took time out his day to take this salty dog out on lake Jacomo. we got skunked, but i didnt mind.{you know if we caught fish every time it would be called catching not fishing} sometimes the fellowship and the atomosphere is what matters most. inspite of the slow bite, it was a beautiful sunset and a pleasant moon rise. i'll be sending u a package bluejay, just a small way to say thanks. a few things u can only get in louisiana; Cajun fish fry, dirty rice mix, different seasonings, oh and of course some shrimp come september,will be headed your way on dry ice. and if ever u find yourself down my way, u gotta brother lookin out for u. Also thanks to Miserymike, 320hotrod and keith anderson over in Kansas city. thanks guys for the help and advice, you brothers are da bomb, maybe next time. oh and i understand how girlfriends and wives are, i've had one for almost thirteen years, LOL. anyway i got some pics i'll post, my oldest son was the only one to catch fish on this trip. he got several bluegill and his very first bass. it was a whopping 8 oz. good job Bailey!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Matt it was a pleasure. Sorry no fish but really enjoyed the evening. Maybe with a little planning ahead next time we can go to some other places. There are some good brothers on this site and in this area willing to help others out. Like I told you I do not expect any packages. I do not charge for my lack of knowledge!! LOL Stay in touch brother. Until next time.

3. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Thanks BlueJay For taking out a outoftown Boc brother, supprised the bite wasnt going on at Flemming. Glad you were able to hit some of our local water's matt hopfully next time we can meet up :wink:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    most the time I'd bad mouth Jay:big_smile: but ya know he's a good man and hard to dislike....I'd prolley go fishen with him to but he has to buy his own (LOL)
    Just funnin fellers ...Thats prety cool ya all lookin out fer sure and I aint suprised....right on !

5. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Ya mean all I had to do was tell my wife shrimp was part of the equation? She would hooked the boat up for me and driven me to the boat ramp!:smile2: Seriously, though, glad you were able to make it out on the lake, thanks to Bluejay for makin it happen. Or at least trying:tounge_out:

6. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    yea that blue jay is a hell of a guy, he let me drink his beer and any man that will do that with would probably give you the shirt off their back. I mean beer is more important....right?????:confused2: He probably didn't want to show you his hot holes beings you are from lousinia and might drive up here and fish'em all out. :smile2: Those fish at jacomo do have a mind of their own.

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I can say from experience that bluejay and his wife are good people. Can't go wrong with them.

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    he is one great brother ,he just needs to hit that missouri more:wink:

9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    here are some photos of the missouri trip

Attached Files:

10. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Looks like another nice nite on Jacomo. And on a nice big'ole Lund, too.

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    heres Bailey and his first bass.

Attached Files:

12. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    heres bailey and his first rod and reel, papa steve spooling w/ Casey lookin on and papa steve and bailey w/ a blue gill. this was lonejack lake.

Attached Files:

13. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    basspro shops, Independence Mo. us lookin at the 103lbs blue, casey bustin sum at the gallery, and me wishin.

Attached Files:

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    and the water park.

Attached Files:

15. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    heres the best one of all, almost home and then..... oh yeah a time out for casey.

Attached Files:

16. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Hah, I make that same face when I get skunked for the night! Great pictures!

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am glad my fast class on how to post pictures helped you. Now you can put up a bunch more.

18. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey getting to know someone knew is always a blast.