thanks to all

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by readingcatfisher, Oct 15, 2008.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I just wanted to thank all the guys on here for all the tips and advice and inspiration . I suffered a major heart attack in 06 and have been dealing with a lot of complications from it seems fishing is the only thing keeping me going sometimes it sucks being 37 years old with the heart of an 80 year old man .I have to limit myself at so many things thats why I envy you Philly guys so much 40 flatty would probably kill me I gotta stick to the channels but again I just wanna say thanks

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    u just get healthy and by next yr. u can start targeting flattys, and besides that PA thanks u for the channel points ya put up on the board:wink:

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Give me a shout in the spring if you are up for it.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thank you Jim for the " where there's a will, there's a way" attitude. just take it easy out there and have fun catching those point fish for PA brother.

5. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Keep fishing Jim & enjoy what you can! Hope you can keep a good attitude & you meds & treatments work well for you.

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Ken I would definitely have to go shopping for some gear first I'm only packing medium action spinning gear it makes catching channels fun though but maybe I could hook up with you and Lenny it would be an honor to fish with you 2 guys

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Gladly to help anytime.

Get better!

8. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Don't worry about the gear. I have like 6 or 7 rods I could use for Flats. If you go to Lenny's spot you will prob. have a heartattack from the walk. It is .8 miles through the woods :eek:oooh:. I checked it on my GPS. It is a good spot though. I like to fish a spot that is downstream a little bit. But there is plenty of room:wink:. Or you both could venture down my way and we can go to a few spots that aren't as far to walk. Either way keep in touch.

9. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Jim
    Hang in there. I was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease at 45 and that's and old peoples disease. I feel your pain there's days when it takes me 2 hours to get out of bed. You'll be fine cause it seems like you got some good friends here.:0a26:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Jim and Jay,
    I have some very heart-friendly spots very close to parking for ya if you ever get this far down into the city.

11. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    same offer from me as a few of my big fish spots are any where from 30 feet to maybe 30 yards from the truck on level ground. the invitation is always there fellas.

12. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    It is usually about .2-.5 miles of a walk to get to most of my spots. I have been taking my kids wagon to haul my gear. It makes it so much easier.

13. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Yea that sounds like a great idea. I might have to borrow my neighbors wagon.lol. It would definitly make carrying my bait bucket alot easier.