Thanks Sal

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by hear_kitty, Jan 30, 2006.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Them were as good as I have ever had! what will it cost me for some more on you way through? How did the care package i sent with you go! Thanks Sal for taking the time out of your life to stop by!!!!!!!!!

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    So ya like the elk and boar brats, huh?

I take it you agree that removing all of the fat and replacing it is as good or better than leaving it in? That is the old european menthod of making sausage. You my firend, have just tried a new twist on a very classic recipe... and this helps prove that sometimes things are better left the way they were.

I only have a few packages left, as every time I make these, family and friends come crawling out of everywhere for em. They're like dingoes, I swear! If you like, next time I make em Ill let you know, and you can either join in and gimme a hand or bring your deer or beef and some pork and Ill make yours for you while you help catch the brats as they fly out of the stuffer, and bag em up.
    These cost me a lot to make... I get the meat for free from the family ranch, but by the time I am done I have over 2 bucks a pound into em... but there aint no other way to make em as good. If I had to buy the meat it would probably be over 20 bucks retail to make any sort of a profit on em. Thats why I just give em away- nobody could afford it if we did something legitimate with them.

When I shoot by your house again, Ill drop another bag if I have any left. Thats the only sort of promise I can make with these- when 110 pounds of sausage disappear in 2 weeks by word of mouth only, you know you're onto something good.

Oh yeah.... and just wait till you try my elk jerky recipe. WOOODADDY! That'll make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window!!!!! :eek:

Sparky missed me by a few hours. I was gonna drop a bag off at the larson estate, but ole sparky didnt get home till long after I blew through town. Oh well.... there will always be a next time.

Don, you and your family are very welcome, bro. It has been a pleasure fishing with you since we met last summer and the feedback I get from this is well enough payment for anything I make with the intention to give it away. Now you know what to expect for dinner on the campfire this summer.

sal

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I bought a loaf of bread on my lunch hour today- good crusty stuff. Im gonna rip into that apple butter tonight. I loved the last jar- that didnt make it through the loaf I bought for that.

And ya know I like those peppers too. I re-gifted the jars you gave me to my grandfather. He and I split the last jar you gave me this summer and he asked me twice since if I could get another. This time I just sent em right to him- I cant say no to the guy, it just aint in me considering all the great stuff he gave me in my life. :)

I will letcha know how the pole beans go... but Im sure theyre gonna be tasty.

much thanks
    Sal

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Just my luck, a few hours late and a brat short. Next time let me know the night before, and I'll make sure I'm home. See you next time Sal.
    Sparky

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Now dont get folks around here going on "short brat" jokes!

LOL

Ill let you know when Im blowing through town next time buddy- dont worry... I gotcha covered.

sal