THANKS RUSS!!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BEHITJ, Sep 16, 2009.

1. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I just want to thank Russ for the time he took after the Riverbend Tourny before that long drive home to stop at downtown put his boat back in and travel 12 miles down river and tow me back to the cobbles. Man your one hell of a guy Russ and I just can thank you enough. So thanks to Russ and Dan for offering to come tow me back. It ends up my main drive saft broke in 2 about 2" below the water impeller. It get to be a long day out there when your stuck on a sand bar from 10am to almost 6pm. Thanks again guys and Russ I owe you big time.

2. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    your welcome, glad to help, sry you had to wait so long. ive been broke down before and time went by so slow waiting for help. better luck next time.

3. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    russ ur a damn good guy glad to know we still have good people out there:big_smile:

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I would like to know what you and your partner did for all that time alone on the water? :crazy:I heard your partner is scared to get in the boat with you and is seeking counseling.:crazy: What did you do that man John?:crazy: Russ when you pulled up on those two you didn't see any funny business going on did you?:smile2:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Russ you are one of the nicest person I have ever met. Even though we have never been in a boat or on the water together I have learned so much from you, not only about becomeing a better fisherman but about being a honorable man. You could of left Johnny out on that river and I wouldnt of thought any less of you. :smile2: One day I would love to pick your brains about fishing. May the fishing Gods be with you!!

6. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    way to kind guys, didnt do anything that you wouldnt have done. after all we are NOT bass fishermen:smile2::smile2:

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    You hit the nail right on the head there Russ, me thinks the great Catfish god finally took out all his anger on poor ol Jonny & Jason for catfishing out of a Ranger Bass boat all these years.:smile2::smile2:
    But all kidding aside thanks for towing John & Jason back to safety! I really don't have anything nice to say about the St. Louis coast guard right now so I won't.:angry: emergency only my A$$!! I would also like to thank Danny for helping w/ the tow, and my brother and his partner for towing John & Jason out of the main chaanel.

8. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Big thanks to Russ and Danny for the rescue job.

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the save Russ!

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Very good of you Russ, even if your timing was a bit off. Your going to need to learn about us here at Gateway more. Let me explain, first, you pull a stunt that gets your name changed on here, then you do such a nice thing that we let you get the name of your own choosing again. Sorry, I didn't make the rules. It's too late now, you simply can't store this back for future need.:wink:
    So, those of you with avatar names that were bestowed unwillingly upon ya, take notice. An over the top good deed is the only way to rid yourself of such an embarrassing name.

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Russ and Danny are both great people..and a big thanks for taking the time to rescue a fellow fisherman....:cool2: :cool2:

I am curious as to what the CG considers an emergency....I would consider being stuck out in the river with out any means of propulsion an emergency. What if they would have tried to make it to shore and had been hit by a barge. I guess they have a time limit for how long you have to be stranded before you are entitled to help. Our tax dollars at work once again.:angry: :angry:

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    All I can say regarding Russ is I'm not surprised, at all. Jon sorry to hear about your troubles dude. I know how much planning and money goes into something like the classic and it's a total bummer when something like that happens. Even though everyone is competing, I know there isn't an angler among us that wants to see a fellow fisherman in distress let alone on tournament day. Kudos to all those that helped you out, and again sorry for your troubles. I'm sure well be seein your name back on the top of the leader board soon.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh forgot to add I was talking to Russ last night an he told me the story. He mentioned you walked the boat back around the bank and drug it to the tip of a wing dyke so you could keep fishing?? I laughed and said that's a hard core mo fo there! Lol

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Who came up with that rule Tom?? I dont remember getting a memo. The way I understand it is you keep the name we give you untill you screw up good enough for a different one. :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Reps to ya Russ...

I recommend Russ for head professor at Gateway University

16. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    wow are there any cheerleaders at this university, along with a few kegs?

17. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Hey Russ I mean Tow Boat..
    When are we going to break in that beer tub you won at the tourney...:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  18. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Scott thats a pretty good idea... Russ you bring the cooler, Scott you get the ice, And I'll grab the beer...:eek:oooh: Wait a min... Did i just screw myself:eek:oooh:

19. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    your on a roll willie dont stop now. as far as beer, cold and free is the kind i like the best.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

20. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have fished with Russ a couple of times and although we really did not catch much the man knows his catfishing and I learned a lot from him. More than that he is a top notch guy, he really is one of the very best of the "good guys " in here and has my upmost respect. I am a big fan of his and am proud to call him a friend.

As far as the coast guard goes from my experience they sure were great.