Thanks Paul - And another plug ....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Signed up for my star tonite..
    Paul sent me a very nice Thank you, much like the many that donate each year, and he got me all fixed up with the added goodies added to my account :cool2:

I had been a star member in the past, but was laid off all last year and didn't get a star. Now, if you were to believe the hype that BOC has become nothing but about money, you'd think I'd got the hard sale letter, treated differently by Paul or the Mods, or any of the other garbage I've seen thrown around about the BOC over the years from "other" sites or disgruntled people.
    I can honestly say I haven't seen/felt/heard any of it.. In fact, Paul and the mods were just as responsive, just as helping, and just as eager to help me out on everything from Sister Sites, Insider Emails, Product Testing/Giveaways, or any other feature they work hard to provide..

So if your a New member thinking about donating or Older member and you just keep putting it off, Now would be a great time to paypal over $10.. You do get some niceties for the donations (will be nice to not have to keep nuking PM space :wink:) as well as giving Paul and the staff some real opportunities to expand our corner here on the Net.

And a BIG Thank you to all the other Star Members out there! There are several on here that donate multi star year after year.. You guys are truly the grease that keep the gears moving...

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Tim, awesome post!

I think you give me more flack than most also :smile2:

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I have many other sites i go to that are not catfish related, these sites are filled with advertisements, this is where they get the money to run the site. here on the BOC advertisements is keep to a min. Only in the last year have you seen any banners, It is member support that keep it this way. If you feel a star is not tangible, go for a decal or even a shirt. all this shows support to the BOC. Any donation to here is one step away form keeping any banners form showing up. Paul and the gang had done a great job in keeping this site free, to anyone who wants to join, and free of spam. Where does this money go it is used for the upkeep and upgrades to the server. As the membership grows so does the need for upgrades and more server space. all this has a cost our donations is what covers this cost. I know times are hard for many, another way to support the site is to post the BOC flyer at your local sporting goods and bait shop. The BOC has supported you in giving you a great place to come and find information, friends, and fellowship among other fellow catters. Jeff

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    like the others i spend more time on here than working and am glad to have this place.where else can you find doctors ,lawyers,and guys like me that just fish.all the fishing info and all the tackel you could ever need.but the best thing bout this place is the life long friends you find here.so pitch in help paul keep on keeping on.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    johnnie just expressed my thoughts. I agree.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    actually zero my star looks better lol lmao :smile2::smile2: congrats bro

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Resuscitating this back up top for another go round :wink: :cool2:

8. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    well my star still looks better lol lmao

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Yeah Richard, your start beats Tim's by one cross! :smile2:

I can't agree with you more, Tim. What if every BOC member would simply donate one star to the cause? The BOC would have plenty of funding to provide even more features!

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This site is the best web site I have ever been on bar none. Please folks lets help Paul keep this site going,cause it truly is the greatest.:smile2:

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes the stars are well worth the little $$ they cost. I know running any site cost $$ and it has to come from somewhere.
    To everyone that has not bought a star, Just look at all the great products you have a chance to win with only one Star. Then the extras that go along with the star. Its a good buy.
    Pete

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I get way more out this site then I could ever put a value on .....the people on here are the best ya could ever meet anywhere....I cant give alot cause I am not well off but my appreciation for all that I have been blessed with here will not go un said THANK YOU PAUL and STAFF ...all the familey I made here ...I say that cause thats the way it seems ....I dont want to go anywhere as long as ya keep havin me here thats fer sure..Who needs a nother site B.O.C. is #1 OH YEAH!....we gotta keep er giong :cool2: