Thanks giving what do you have to be thankful for

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Nov 20, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I woul like to wish you all a good thanksgiving and ask if you've thought about what you have to be thankfull for.....Myself I have a world of wealth....not in the monitary sence but love....I have two little girls and a young man,my beautiful girlfriend Lilly ,my dog Psycho-mo didly-elizibeth and Scrappy Doo....We have a decent home and I have a real good garage with heat/plumbing ....I have a decent boat and 3 trucks.Even though times are rough are bills are paid and we have food on our table....we all have our health and I dont think I can complain a bit.I am VERY THANKFUL TO HAVE WHAT I HAVE.....So with that said to all of the BOC I wish you a safe..BLESSED THANKSGIVING

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    FIRST OFF, thank you KEN, and right back to ya! I am thankful that I can still get around most days, as you said, thankful for Bec and Sis, and the dogs, altho we may not have as much as some, what we do have is ours and that is what I am thankful for, not having to ever worry if the bill is payed, if I go tonight I go knowing that Bec and Sis have a good home and car, and no financial worry would be left to them. also thankful that I ran across this place and the good folks that are here.
    Have a Great Holiday Season yall, be safe.
    Randy

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I am thankful for having my health improve ,My kids and grandkids,my good friends here on the BOC and locally. I wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, you seem a decent enough kind of guy. Homey, responsible, somebody I can relate to. I wanna tell you a little secret here Kenny. A secret that I know only two other people on this forum know. You will be the third, cause I know nobody will read your thread. LOL.

If you have followed my crap you might realize that I have some physical problems. Some obvious and some not so obvious to folks. I have a "little' problem cooking that is going to "get" me. Don't know when, but I have a pretty good idea how. Won't be fun, but what the He$$ life is that way.

I joined this joint in April. I have the problems I do and my Ma had just died in March. My brother a year younger than I and one that I was closer to than my wife got an erection after my Mothers death and hasn't spoken to me in 9 months. I am going to my sisters on Thursday, for Thanksgiving dinner. It will be a good time, one I am looking forward to.

It will be a good time for a lot of reasons. One of them is the fact that I found this forum. It has helped me through some tough times. I realize I am acerbic, profane and I will tell you where to lay your trowel at any time. I ain't got anything to lose and I won't pull any punches. At the same time I have found an assortment of people here that I can honestly say I have a fondness for. Not love or brotherliness, just some folks, most of them who I like to get up to in the morning and see how their day is going.

So Kenny, I am Thankfull for many things, one of which is this forum and its people. Kenny, that includes you to. You come after me lad and poke all you want. I really enjoy it. When I go too far you tell me to go to Hades. I'll sulk a little bit then come back and give you something to get me with. Happy Thanksgiving Kenny. John.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    very nice post kenny, and a very nice reply john. i am thankful that i am able to do what i do. to interact with so many diffrent people from all over the world, and to have something in common with all of those people is amazing to me. i get to help people out and give people he!! when it is neccesary. i also am thankful for my family. without them i dont know where i would be. i am thankful for all of the pople who still support the military, and havent yet jumped on the anti-military or anti-war bandwagon. i am also thankful for the people who realize that there is something still worth fighting ffor. it seems that now days people want to get up in the morning, go to work, stop and garb a double mocha-ccino from starbucks on the way to work, sit in thier cubicle and run their numbers, eat there lunch in an oer crowded and overpriced "cafe" go home to thier simple lives and then complain that nothing ever gets done in the world. they like to complain that the president isnt doing his job, that the military is overpaid, and that big oil companies are behind everything. i am thankful that there are still good people out there with common sense that realize that there is more to life than "reality t.v." and that things are bad, but not as bad as they could be.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm thankfull for this forum and my loving wife and two wonderfull kids ,one of which has blessed me with one grandchild and soon will with another. and I'm thankfull for all who serve to make America FREE.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I feel that when a person gets my age and my wife's age the main thing we can be thankful for is our good health. At our age things can change mighty fast. Two weeks ago I went to bed one night feeling excellent, 3 hours later my urine had turn to pure blood and clots. But everything is now back to normal and I thank God every day for our good health!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. :big_smile:

8. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I am most thankfull my husband. ( Yes the same one I was gripping about last weeK LOL) I am thankfull for my 4 children, 8 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren and another on the way, our friends and for the great people on the BOC and for the ones that are fighting to keep our country safe.
    I hope every one has a great Thanksgiving.

Sharon

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Kenny, Happy Turkey Day to you and your family and to all the members of the BOC. Like some of the above replies i'm most thankful for my health. Thats the one thing most people take for granted until it is gone. While i have my health i'm out doing something that i enjoy every day and thank God for every day he gives me.

10. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Ken, right back at ya. what I have to be thankful for, its a long list, so here goes. My wife (Denise), 4 sons, Forrest, Hunter, Nathanael, Dalton. Am thankful that I have a house, a job that I love, bills are paid, mouths are fed, we have clothes on our backs, a vehicle that runs (most of th time, lol), my folks, my brother, 2 sisters, in-laws that dont hate me, thats always good. I am thankful we all are healthy. Thankful to have my 2 boats, a wife and kids who love camping an fishing as much as me. thankful to have th B.O.C. and all th folks on her to chat with on almost any subject, thankful for all my friends on and off th B.O.C. There's probly other things to, but am having a senior moment,lol.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Happy Turkey Day everybody!
    I am thankful for Matt, my kids, my grandbaby Wyatt, my dog.

I would like to be thankful for a cat to eat all these mice! (Hint Hint:wink:)

Oh, I'm thankful for being able to go to school and my job allowing me time off to go, even though they know I'm gettin a different job when I graduate.:eek:oooh:

I'm also thankful that I am close to my parents and sisters. (not live close, but feel close.) There are too many people in this world that don't speak to their parents, kids, or siblings. I just can't see not speakin to them no more, who would I have to gripe at or tell what to do, how to do it, where to go and how to get there?:smile2:

And last of all, I'm thankful that I was smart enough to divorce that idiot I was married to!

Life aint too bad when I think of it like that!:big_smile:

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ditto babe! I'm very thankful for you too, and your family. I think about it as 'our' family, but maybe we can make it official sometime soon. :wink::wink: I don't wanna be lonely, and you're just the cure.

I was brought up not havin' much, so there's very little that I take for granted believe it or not. I don't express myself properly most times, but I am very thankful for all that we have, and share.

I'm thankful that we eat a hot meal as a family almost every night.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great posts by everyone! I'm blessed and thankful for my loving wife who has worked full time and also gone to nursing school at the same time. She has not had any free time at all the past 2 years but has gone about taking care of her duties towards work, school, our children, home and etc. without much complaining. I'm not sure how she does it cause I know I couldn't have! I am also very thankful, blessed and fortunate to have 4 awesome daughters who are in different phases of finding their place in the world. The oldest is 20 and in her 3rd year of college and doing very well. Next daughter is about to turn 19 and landed a full time job in the field she went to vo-tech for and is doing quite well. Our 16 year old is kicking butt at school with all honors classes and last but not least our 14 year old is also doing excellent in school and is a black belt in karate! :cool2: I have a lot to be thankful and proud of so this is my post to express it! :big_smile:

14. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Ill make this short but Im thankful for a great wife Ive really put her thru some hell at times in the last 23 years.Also 3 great healthy sons and also being blessed always with a good job even in tough times.

15. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i am thankful for alot of things but top of the list is my wife , she makes it all worthwhile :big_smile: :cool2:

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I thankful for my wife for putting up with me for 32 years, I am thankful for my children for being themselves, I am thankful for my health, what little that I have! Last but not least I am very Thankful for the B.O.C. for the friends that I have made through out the years. I hope to meet many more and the National Gathering. All new members make the National Gathering in order for me to add you to my "have met" list.

17. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny,
    I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I would also like to take this time to wish all of my BOC brothers and sisters and their families Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. I'm very thankful for my health and the health of all of my family and friends. Without your health nothing else really matters. I'm thankful to my wonderful wife who I have been married to for 43 yrs.,our 2 daughters and their husbands and our 4 wonderful grandchildren. God has truly blessed me and my family.
    God Bless each and every one of you!

Glenn

18. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Among a lot of other stuff, this year i'm really thankful to be able to walk! I had a major knee surgery back in august, layed around on the couch for 3 weeks with a brace on that prevented bending. Was on light duty for 2 months, and could not bend my knee very far at all. You just dont realise how much you take walking, or bending your knee for granted. How many people can put a shoe on without bending their knee? Not easy is it? I'm not quite 100%, but i've come a long way, and i'm VERY thankul for that:big_smile:

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I am thankful for:

1. God's great mercy on us all!

2. My beautiful wife who is also my best freind and a true Marine wife. She's been home holding everything down while I am away on deployment (and this aint the first time by a long shot!).

3. Im thankful for my beautiful 3 children.

4. The health of my entire family. God has been extremely good to us!

5. This great site that I can visit whenever the ship's internet is up:smile2:.

6. I am extremely thankful for God's protection over our brothers and sisters who are deployed this holiday both in and out of the combat zone. May we all get home safely.

and so many other things that I cant name right now. Happy Thanksgiving to you all....

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    always a popular topic, and one i am glad to see each year.

as several have stated, the first thanks is for the health of me and my wife. as we get older, bodily functions don't always function like they used to:embarassed:

and when they malfunction for a period of time and then come back to normal, we appreciate them all the more:wink:

i am grateful for Gods mercy and long-suffering to uswards....that, above all others.
    and for my many friends on this board, also!:big_smile: