thanks for your prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by flathunter, Jul 11, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I jus got back from the hospital.....I Have never has surgery before...this operation on my back was more painfull than anythiing I could imagine.

It was a bigger surgery than I thought, when the surgeon got in on of my dish had a piece that had broken off and had moved, it had my spinal cord compressed 75 percent...but every thing went well and I should be fishing in 4 weeks..I am to tired to type much and the drugs have me spaced ot...thanks agin

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Jack, I hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm glad everything went well durring your under going.:wink:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No need for the thanks Brother! Thats what Family is for, to help each other out!!! I'll be calling you soon. I just Thank God that all went well!!! I hate to hear you're in so much pain but from personal experience anytime they cut on your back its gonna hurt like hell!!!!! Thats why I'm so worried!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the firts night was the worse, I cant put in to word how bad it was...but with the pain killers and the nerve pills I am on now I an feeling real loopy..

Not much pain now just so sore and stiff it's un real

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bumping this back up. I sure hope he feels like posting again soon but he's in Extreme Pain!!!!!

Jack,
    You are in my Prayers Buddy and I'm wishing the best for you and a Speedy Recovery!!!:wink:

Everyone else, Please keep Jack in your Prayers, He sure needs them!!!!!

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Good to see you up and about.... ok about......

It won't be long now and you can finish the burial of my Muskingum buddy.

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    wish ya a quick recovery jack and sending you some more prayers get well buddy

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Jack, you take er easy. Its gonna hurt for awhile no doubt but in the end it will work out. We will still pray for a speedy recovery for ya...take care.

-Jim-

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope to read some fishing reports from you soon.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad it went well,Jack. Just lay around a few days till ya feel like gettin back in to things,You just get well ok.

11. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Jack;
    Jack, I know EXACTLY what your going through! I went through the same thing when they had to fuse me from L-2 all the way down into my pelvic frame!! When I came too after the surgery I cried because the pain was so great!!! And I am NOT ashamed to admit it either! The Doctor told me that MAYBE with the exception of a Double Total Hip Replacement I had just survived the most painful surgery he knew of. I figure he knew what he was talking about because he was the one that put all that hardware in my body!:wink:
    Whenever you feel like it you TAKE those painkillers!! That is what they are there for!
    However, I have to disagree with some of the Brothers in that you should NOT lay around all day and night! You SHOULD get up a bit and move around a bit. It does not have to be much, but if all you do is lay around you will loose a lot of your mobility that you might not get back even with physical therapy!!
    Tell you what. If you would like to talk with someone that has been through what your going through send me a PM with your phone number and what is the best time to call and I will call you on my quarter!:big_smile: We can trade "war stories" if you want too or I can just listen to what all they done to ya and such. It's up to you what we talk about.
    Until I hear from you, I am going to contact some of my "friends" on the reservation and get a "Medicine Wheel" going for ya. That should help you feel better or at least lower the pain a bit! :wink:
    I'll be looking forward to hearing from you via PM too.
    Sincerely and Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post for now]]]]]

12. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Glad to hear all went well. I wish you a speedy recovery... Take care

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Glad to here everything went ok Jack. Will keep prayers for a full recovery. You will out catching the big one before you know it.

Tom

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like the surgery went well. Look forward to hearing you talk about fishing

15. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    still got prayers going up in missouri for ya jack. heal fast.

16. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Jack, Glad to hear all went well. Don't rush things and lister to what the Dr. tells you to care for that back!

Wally

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    When your ole back starts feelin real good and you think you can do anything don't do it. You don't need no setbacks .Just do as the Doctor says and don't try and overdo it.You'll have plenty of time to go catch Mr Flattie .Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.God Bless Brother and take care of the ole back.

18. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    git better soon so we can start hitting the pay puddles again jakkal!:wink:

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glad everything is working well for you and praying that God will give you a quick recovery. But Jack I agree with MRR on not getting into a big hurry.

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad to hear the surgery went well. Take care of yourself buddy and get back to fishin soon. If you need anything dont be scared to ask. Alot of Ohio brothers on here.