Thanks for the new kayak/canoe forum!

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by jeremiad, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Okay, our requests are heard. Once again the BOC listens to the wants and desires of the members and responds accordingly. What have we come to expect but the best from the best?

Now, which moderator did all of the hard work of moving past posts into this new forum? We need to know so that we can thank you! :0a31:

For you kayak/canoe catfishers out there...let's get this forum active! :0a17:

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Wow, when did that happen? Doncha just luv it here?? Thank you to ever is responsible!!!

3. ggoytia

ggoytia New Member

State:
    Texas, Fort Worth
    Most Definitly... A huge Thanks is required!

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Me too thanks. Didn't know it was even here. According to the last thread its been here over a year

5. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Also a big thanks whoever did this for us went back thru a bunch of threads and pulled them in for us to take a look at.

6. Claude

Claude New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the kayak forum. I've been yak fishing since I bought mine last spring. It's great on the local rivers here in Georgia.

7. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    It will be good to share some kayak catfishing tips; after all, most kayak fishing resources I have seen focus on either surf fishing or redfish fishing in brackish backwaters. It is encouraging to know that kayak fishing is also making inroads in freshwater areas.

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    let me add my thanks for this board. Still working on getting our new yaks rigged for fishing but will post some pics when done.

9. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is a yack as tricky as a canoe i was worried to death the whole time i was in a canoe ? thanks samdavis

10. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Many canoes are designed to be more stable when moving and don't feel as stable when still. I feel that yaks are much more stable whether or not they are moving. You have a much lower center of gravity in a yak. Some manufacturers are now utilizing a tunnel hull in kayak designs that add to their stability. There are several models that allow a fisherman to stand without much fear of flipping. There are also inflatable models (I have this and a hard shell kayak) that are almost impossible to turn over. Kayaks take a little getting used to because you are seated in the middle of the boat and newer paddlers tend to spin until they get the hang of the different paddle strokes needed. There are a bunch of accessories on the market, like rod holders, portable livewells, etc., designed for kayaks. And the best part, no more banged up shoulders when trying to load one atop a vehicle alone like you get with a heavier canoe!

mike in SW VA

11. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
  12. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks to whoever!!! I am going to try and find a pic of the redwood canoe my grandfather built!!! Thanks again

13. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its just so great that the BOC gives us paddlers a place too :0a17:

14. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    When young people start catching on to how thrilling it is to catch a catfish in a kayak or canoe, watch out! We're talking X-treme Sports! Buckin' catfish rodeo! A round-robin, cross-lake or upriver ride of a lifetime! :tounge_out:

It's nice to know that the BOC is getting in on the ground floor of a blossoming new sport, just wait and see! :wink:

I can't wait to see DH riding a kayak upriver pulled by a gigantic Blue in Catfish America!

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    And who says a kayak isnt a planing hull?:big_smile: