Thanks for the Memories ....

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Mar 7, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    As I sit here looking out the window at the accumulating snow I am thinking how wonderful it would have been to be on the trip to the James River with our brothers this past week. I know that I am envious of you guys. I can tell that you all had a great time and enjoyed yourselves, which is the most important thing. I am sure you all wished you would have caught more and bigger fish. That is what our sport is about, not always finishing first with the biggest and the most, but helping our brother (BOC) to do well and to learn more. As a senior (in age only) I am proud to say that you fellows are my friends and are true sportsmen when it comes to CPR. Memories of your trip to the James River will be good ones, for not only those that went, but all of us that couldn’t go and you shared your experiences with. The future is bright for our brotherhood and the dreams we all have of catching the “BIG ONE” and the hopes that we all may be able to partake of such a memorable trip ourselves one day.

So again … I would like to say … Thanks for the memories you have given us and the hope that one day we all be able to share our own experiences with everyone. So now on with the show and let’s get ready for what lies ahead of us in our own Ohio streams, lakes and rivers.

Garry- ........:cool2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well said garry, it was a trip of a lifetime! I'm looking forward to going back. I spent almost 3 months doing my homework and learning the river to try to make the most of it! I have no regrets and look to learn from the experience and hopefully have more productive trips there. Congrats to everyone that went and your fish! To me its not about the catching or who caught what as it. It's the experience to be around others that are enjoying the outdoors and fishing as much as you! good post, thanks...rollo:big_smile:

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It was a trip of a lifetime and I appreciated that people were watching our play by play! You are all people I am proud to call friend.

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    This was a trip I will always remember,was glad to have been able to share it with all of the BOC brothers that went on the trip and all those watching here on the threads,Thank you Loanwizard for making it possible,thanks to Skip,Jason,and all the others for making it a great experience and a lifetime of memories

Tony Spergin

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    your avatars look great guys! im glad we all had fun! rollo

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree, thanks for sharing and awesome post my friend..

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I don't understand why Shawn isn't holding his fish up higher in his Avatar ....???? ........:wink:

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm sure after a pic or two he started getting heavy ; )

-Jim-

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Rollo

Did you end up drifting or using circle hooks at all ?

-Jim

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, I ended up drifting on accident when the wind blew us off spots! lol.... I had two of the 7 poles rigged for the circles and tightlined them, but I told myself to fish MY way! The rest I fished with 9 and 10/0 gamu. j-style hooks, with bait clicker! It worked out fine! My advise is to anyone that wants to go, thats never been there or fished for blues for that matter, don't complicate things! Fish how you fish, and treat the river like the one in your hometown! It isn't too hard to figure out! rollo

11. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    There is nothing like planning an out of state trip. I have taken plenty. Canada duck hunting,florida bass fishing 3 years in a row,alabama turkey hunting 2 years in a row , just got back from my second trip to georgia on a wild boar hunt. Now im going to tenn. for turkey at the end of the month. Nothing better than taking a winter trip. Half the fun is planning. I almost went to the james myself last year . But went on a boar hunt. Glad everyone had a good time.