Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back from my Florida fishing trip. The motel we stayed at was a good set up for us. They had a small dock that was off the inter costal water way for us to fish if we wanted. My friend is a pier fishermen fan so we did go to 2 different piers in two days. It is a very different way of fishing that it is far different than I am used to doing. You do get plenty of bites, hooking the fish is hard part. The fish just peck and peck your bait. Just about the time you want to pull they drop the bait. I learned most of the time the fish have cleaned off your hook. The folks at the piers have a tendency to crowd your space to cast their lines. We did catch enough Blue Runner fish the second day for a nice dinner meal.

Thanks for information on catching catfish on my trip. The squid did work very well. It stayed on the hook ,not knocked off like the shrimp. It was good to finally catch a catfish.
Saturday night I went out to our dock to fish for some catfish that might be there. I had squid for bait the whole time I was fishing on this trip, and it worked well. Since I was told about one of the catfish down there is known to fin you and cause a lot of pain I was very careful whenever I caught one. That night I caught two catfish, both swallow the bait so I just cut the line.
Called it a day at 20:30 for I was planning on trying to fish the dock in the next morning, since the weather was going to be too windy for pier fishing. The wind was blowing up to 35 mph so we did fish from 09:20 on the dock till noon time. I did catch 3 more catfish, biggest was in the 3-4 pound range. My friend caught a Lady Fish a small sea bass and a couple other small fish. Then the rain showed up for the rest of the day. A cold front was coming in that m y friend said would kill off fishing for a couple of days. So we decided to head back home a day early.
It was a learning experience and I did get some days with warm and sunny weather. I am a home body, so it is good to be back home again.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nice report on your fishing adventure. Glad you were able to get out and try new places and new types of fishing. Sounds like it was fun

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Hey man if you ever wanna come fish this lake it's got a boat ramp and fishing piers with rod holders built in. It's so nice out there. I was just reading that link you shared and its something you and your brother could fish without walking further than 20ft. Its loaded with fish. If you want the name of the place just p.m. me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear you had a fun time fishing in Florida.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts