Thanks for putting up with me

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Jul 7, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I would just like to thank everyone who has put up wiyh my up and down mood swings lately.I have been dealin with a lot of issues lately (Most of them self inflicted) And Ive jumped off the deep end a couple of times lately.Some deservedely others not so.Depression is something that I have had trouble with my whole life.Fishing and drinking(never at the same time) were my only ways of dealing with it.But this site helps and its members.Im in high spirits the past 2days for I had finally went and caught some dang catfish 2 I said 2 nights in a row.So once again thanks for lettin your little brother have his temper tantrums without beatin him up like some older brothers do

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like you did a good job with the cats brother. I feel your pain about the Depression, it is hard to deal with just got to fight through it. I did not work at all this week, no loan closings. I could get down but got to keep head up, sun is still gonna go up and down. If ya need to talk just hollar.

I am getting ready to PM ya with that address for Star Membership. That is awesome that you want to help keep the lights on brother.

Tea

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im glad we were all able to help you, depression is hard to deal with but it seems like all my friends are depressed all the time and im good at makin them feel better so if u ever need to talk just pm me and ill try my best.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Terry, I sent you a PM. Good luck.

Jerrod

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm glad to hear that you're on a high at the moment & hang on through the lows. Place your faith in Christ. That may not make it any easier, but it's good to know He's there!

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Terry - depression is sometimes a difficult beast to tame. It's kinda like crabgrass, no matter what you do to try to get rid of it it still keeps popping up now and then. The BOC is an excellent place to come when you're feeling down as there are many good people here who are willing to listen and support you. Hang in there (it's only dark part of the day). :smile2:

7. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Terry I think all of us could open the door and turn some kind of monster loose. Reading these articles, getting to know these people, having a sense of kinship or common ground helps us all. In a way these things that come calling in the dark disappear when set in the light of this community. Darn good people on here and I'm glad you are amoung them!
    Don

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Oh yeah, I just thought of something else that's always helped me to feel better. Go do something kind for somebody else. I'm talking about just a random act of kindness. It doesn't have to be anything big, but just about anything that you wouldn't expect someone to do for you.

Seems like when I've gotten to feeling really down and my meds don't help, getting my mind off my own problems by helping someone else usually smoothes me right over. Try it, might help ya sometime.

Jerrod

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Hang in there bud. We like hearing from you and we hope you like hearing from all of us. Everone goes through some tough times, but you'll come out on top in the end.

10. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Terry, my PM's are open to all who need to sound off. You and anyone who feel the need please feel free to fire a PM my way, I will be glad to listen or help in any way I can.:wink:

11. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey Terry, Good talking to ya! If I can help you than you just let me know!

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    part of life, Terry. just don't let it keep you down. if they haven't booted me yet, you have nothing to worry about:big_smile:

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    :confused2: .................true!...LMAO:tounge_out:

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

oh great! thanks for your support buddy:confused2:

:big_smile:

15. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Hang in there Terry most every one has their ups and downs it is part of life. Hopefully there are more ups than downs and the ups are higher than the downs.

If you ever need some one to bounce something off of please feel free to send me an PM

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Take it from one with personal experience, Terry. Depression and drinking don't mix too well. I rode that horse after my Dad died in 2005 and put a few wineries in a new tax bracket. Then I started remembering what he always told me; " When you think you are having a bad day, take a walk thru the cemetery. You'll find that it's not such a bad day after all."

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    any time you get depressed remember you are human, thats all, just a human, we all get depressed and yes catfishing can be helpful. Isn't life strange fellow human

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Depression is a tuff thing remember though you are not alone. This site has turned into another faminly for me I feel like I have known these guys for a good long time. And we are all here for anyone we can help.