Thanks D,,bait tank

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by Flamekeeper, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I built this out of a 50qt rubber maid cooler for now. Thanks Dale, This will hold me over for awhile, until I get my stuff together for the one D Weasy posted.

Small 110 air pump mounted, 1/4" line to pressure relief valve, 1/4" line in through the side of cooler(to be sealed) and down to a brass tee then of to a air stone( which I'm going to swap for one of the small 1" round ones, to set upright at the tee) then 1/4" line to aerators filtering system..

Mounted a 110 converter under the hood which will be wired into fuse box with toggle switch and on under the truck and wire tied to frame to the back where I'll mount a exterior outlet box..:wink::cool2:

Not to bad for a quickie..15-20min tops, For the bait tank that is:wink:

Attached Files:

2. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    That is pretty nice. Good idea with the converter, plus it can be used for other things. I am about to make myself another one from a 5 gallon water cooler. Eventually I want to make another one from a Coleman 150 quart marine cooler. I use to have one built from a 100 quart cooler. I used it to bring bait back from a creek, that is about 20 minutes away from my house. I have plenty of places close to me to catch bait, but this creek has REALLY good bait. Along with a debris strainer, I will be trying to add some kind of chemical filter to get rid of the ammonia. I overload the tank, to make the trip worth it. Good luck building your new tank. If you have any other questions, just ask.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Thanks Dale; Yeah this one os small compered to the one I'm going to build ,Like you say I like getting alot of bait..:wink:

You can get some (start right) with Allantoin a skin protector,and ACE Ammonia Chloramine Elminator made by Jungle that will clean the water up as soon as its added..But the filter is the way to go on the big boy tank, I was looking at one of those filters earlyer and should have went ahead and bought thing.. Thanks again and tight lines to ya Bro..:wink::cool2:

Kenny